I will go back in it after it crosses 6 not before. I need to see it happening first. But to invest at 4.5 hoping it will go to 6-8 when it as easily can go to 3.5 is not smart investing, imho.
Merrill Price Target $ 5.75
The Link: https://researchintl.mloli.ml.com/overviews/companyOverview.asp?YYY32_NOXQnuDN+F/3Jj3lseDxQ0E/Eh4Blsji9FcHx4NxS3UuuFE8fhgt2Hjln0JJRFRrT0o8WJESP/s44jcU/p5PAaqrrHTS/OnJ&symbol=C
Beside pure guess here are some points to rationalize.
1. C does most of its business overses where the recession ended before and faster then USA.
2. With in USA, C is seeing decellaration of defaults on loan payments, toxic assets are ecreasing by the day.
3. New loans are flowing at faster rate then 1 year ago.
4. New deposits are coming faster then a year ao.
5. Doller has depreciated against all major currencies which means when the overseas revenue is converted into doller amount it will be much higher.
6. Because of above mentioned 5 points, earnings in coming quarter will be better then past quarter or perhaps a year ago.
7. Legendary investors like Paulson are buying C shares.
8. Goldman sacs is positive on C outlook.
9. C going out of business or nationalized appers tobe a talk of yesterday.
10. C is in a position to payoff TARP and Gov is getting ready to get out of C.
11. C is able to raise money in open market without Gov backing in otherwords its able to breath on itw own.
12. You can disect all these points as much as you want and you will find an answer that is close to what I wrote. With stock price at such a low point that C has very good chance to go higher. But who knows. Usually things fall before they go higher. How much C will be tested I don't know that is a pure guess.