I bought last week at 3.74, holding until this Friday. Hoping to sell at 4.50.
Earnings will be great, and the stock will run up big on Friday, but next Monday the government starts unloading shares again. They still have 5 billion shares to go, so I'm going to bail out (maybe put a trailing stop). Who else is going to wait for the government to force the share price down again?
If you're gonna sellafter earnings, I'd sell after JPM earnings on Wed. C ain't gonna do anything JPM didn't. Thats where thesmart money takes profit. Then buy again closer to 4 next week. glta,
C has more bad assets than JP and C poetized a bit of Primerica. C also cut 50000 people during the crisis. So those are some of the drivers C has that JP doesn't have. The odd thing is that earningswhiper.com has C projected to miss earnings with a whisper of 2 cents. All the more better in my opinion. Nothing beats like low expectations. They had expected AA to miss as well.
So the Gov (MS) can start selling next Monday if so desired. There is merit to some quick trading methods that will play this up then down pressured by the news of the Gov. is at it again and the actual physical selling. I'm just staying Long myself.
True, but they will resume selling 5 billion shares. I love city and have made a lot of money trading it. All stock trading is about timing. Good luck with your decisions. I am personally taking my profits and will get back in at a later date after earning and I am not in the dark.
I sold today after a nice run. It would be a mistake to take a chance on earning. You just don't know what they will be so why gamble. Wait til the government starts the selling again and buy back cheaper. This is to easy. Just don't gamble unless your not a real invester.