Possible Factors to Explain the Hussein Re-Election as POTUS
1. SuperStorm Sandy provided Hussein an excellent opportunity to look and act presidential.
2. The official Labor Report on Unemployment indicated a below 8% rate.
3. Benny "Boom-Boom" Bust Bernanke's monetary policy worked as many folks feel better and more confident as the stock market climbed, interest rates have been manipulated lower, and family balance sheets have been rectified.
4. The voters like entitlement programs; they accept The Affordable Healthcare Act (RomneyCare renamed Obamacare).
5. The price of gasoline at the pump has falled to circa $3.50 per gallon as gasoline inventories built and the the federal government made gasoline more available by moving it around.
6. The people liked the idea of a still-active Barry Basketball playing pick-up games in the White House gym and other places regularly; they may have seen Mittens as a non-athletic participant plutocratic hedgy stiff and preferred the dude who still shoots and makes jumpshots from the corner.
7. Hussein was rewarded for bringing justice to Usama bin Laden.
8. There is still HOPE for Change out in the polity.
9. Having a mulato POTUS is kind of cool.
10. The Obama re-election organization did not have to mount a strong renomination effort; instead, they focused on getting prepared to get the vote out for Hussein in the General Election.
The Government of the Plutocracy party has become a party that has narrowed its appeal to white, Anglo, fundamentalist gun-toting Christian rural men.
And until the GOP expands its tent with planks and candidates to appeal to minorities (blacks and Hispanics, mainly) and all women, it will stay out of the White House.
Why should minority group members be willing to split their vote to encourage a plutocrat hedgy stiff who has largely dismissed them as being non- productive members of the polity? Looked like the electorate delivered what was expected. All IMHO.