Let me see here while I enumerate:
1. The "alleged" Armenian genocide happened nearly a century ago.
2. What the Turks did to the Armenians wasn't much more than the US did to its captive Indians nations; we called it Manifest Destiny. We don't commemorate The Trail of Tears, do we?
3. Turkey is becoming a rock for the US in the troubled Middle East. Since Turkey once occupied and ran these troublesome places (Mesopotamia, Persia, Palestine), some American diplomats are putting our coins into their basket hoping they will become a powerful, democratic, secular European nation and elevate its NATO status into full partnership with the European community.
4. If youse have the choice of supporting the Turks of Today or crying for the Armenians of yesteryear, youse makes the Turkish choice and don't offend them by rubbing their noses in old history.
5. Armenia is a struggling independent nation, once again. The USA wants to make Turkey a rising star.
The USA has chosen this year to NOT commemorate the Armenian genocide to be politically correct with our Turkish NATO ally and to promote the role of Turkey in the world. At the expense of the grieving Armenians.....All IMHO.