Bought at $84, it crashed to $69 - I said, "OK, well it's hit rock bottom now, just wait for it to go back up to $75 or so and cash out". Since then, $2 or so decline daily. Each time I say to myself, "OK now it's really hit bottom - hold on - maybe buy more - it can only go up from here".
THIS FUCKING STOCK IS RUINING ME ! ! ! AND I'M PISSED ! !
The horror ... The horror. Yes we all know that pain in the pit of our stomachs as we watched this baby plummet. I got in @ 63 and change and watched it go to the 90's and then watched it get crushed back down to this level. Welcome to Wall Street and high tech stocks.
Look seriously at your investing time frame and then decide what to do with TLAB. If you can bear to stick it out and wait a year, I would say hold on. If you can't, then take the loss and move on. My personal feeling is that this company has too much going for it not to recover and move higher. Tellabs is extremely well positioned for the future. This setback is temporary.
or you bought on margin and are afraid of getting squeezed, I think you should probably stop watching the share price for a little while. No offense, but I don't think TLAB was ever worth 84 with or without CIEN, regardless of the fact it beat the estimates. At that point it had a P/E much higher than its projected rate of earnings growth with or without CIEN. However, I think TLAB is worth a solid 65-70 right now, and should snap back to that level as soon as the market gives it a chance. If the merger doesn't go through (long shot at this point), I recommend you sell on the mini-rally that will follow. Otherwise, just realize that, whatever happens short-term, you will be well above 84 where you got in within a year. These guys know what they are doing, just give them a chance.
I held TLAB for 1 year, from 65-90, back down to 59. Just sold last week. I like TLAB, BUT CIEN may cause a short term problem the next quarter. Wall street adage, "when there is one roach, more follow". I am banking on TLAB (because of Cienna) to miss earnings, next quarter or revise estimates down... That should sink TLAB to about 45 hopefully. That will be my entry point. After holding TLAB for one year 65,to 42, to 93, back to 59. I have come to a conclusion. Stick it to them before they stick it to you. Trade the bugger... Life99 hang in their, it is to late to bail out. TLAb is a good company, and WDM is the technology of the future. I can empathize with you, since my one years gain a good 12,000 vanished in 1 week. Regards, Rajesh