- latest from anandtech shows 5-year old architecture Atom (Clover Trail) beating Snapdragon S4 handily in performance....AND the kicker here is in terms of power consumption, the Clover Trail is on par with Snapdragon S4!
- The very latest Cortex A15 (Samsung Exynos 5) can fairly beat Clover Trail, but kicker here is it comsumes way more power to do so! This means Samsung will have to significantly lower the voltage/clock speeds in order to get it into a smartphone which will in turn hurt performance.
Here's what's coming at arm and friends:
- Leaked Antutu benchmarks for next dual-core Medfield shows it scores more than twice that of the Samsung S3 and Snapdragon S4 phones. And we are not even talking about Merrifield yet! We should see the new Medfield at World Mobile Congress in February.
- Clover Trail+ and sub-10W Ivy Bridge Y parts coming in 1st quarter. From results of anandtech, CT+ should match or beat the Samsung Exynos 5. We will see soon enough. The sub-10W Ivy Bridge Y will definitely beat out the Exynos 5 in performance and will allow for high end hybrid PCs that will be much more thinner and lighter than what we see today.
- Haswell comes in mid 2013, which will further allow OEMs to build more sleeker ultrabooks and hybrid PCs. Battery life will be double what we find in ultrabooks today.
Next year Intel will have Merrifield and Bay Trail and Broadwell....
"Smartphones are quickly going to morph into Smarcomputers, any idiot can see this coming. What dog will you bet on in the Smartcomputer race? ARMH or INTEL? LMAO...."
[Yeah, the great thing will be to have the same OS and full capabilities on all of our devices. Intel is very close to putting full computer capability in a smartphone. And already adding voice recognition. Add a projection capability and it's a brave new world. Brought to you by Intel not ARM...]