1) Yield yield yield yield yield!!!!!! You don't have chips to sell, you can't make any money.
2) Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit!!!!!! You don't make any money, you got no cash to develop "the next big thing."
3) Find some way to defend against the pending lawsuits over alleged stock price inflation. Talking about a feeding frenzy worthy of a bad shark horror flick. HOW many firms are vying to be the ones that define "the class" for the class-action lawsuits?
4) Maintain or increase retail market share (watch out for Cyrix!) INTC is clearly poised to get into the very-low end market with the Whitney chipset. INTC will also continue the price pressure with the Celerons. AMD can't afford to give up any market share as they aren't making any money on 50%+ of the retail market!!!
5) Keep K7 on track. K7 is going to make or break AMD. The hype has been extreme, and any failures to yeild or problems with the chip could be fatal.
6) Keep 0.18 micron on track. AMD has not yielded out-of-the-gate in recent history. They don't have the luxury of not yielding this time.