There are a lot of great reasons NOT to support Barrack Obama in this November's election.
Here are some of them:
1. Barrack will take funds to be used for education and use them to fund radical groups like ACORN. Rather than use $100m to fund teaching math, science and reading they will fund the teaching of political activism. The net result will be no discernible improvement in education.
2. Barrack only makes hollow promises to foster programs to help mayors with their inner cities. He was one of only 3 Illinois state senators to vote against a proposal making it a criminal offense for convicts on probation to have contact with a street gang. In addition, he missed a vote on the Safe Neighborhoods Act that would have made illegal gun possession a felony. Meanwhile, the murder rate in Chicago skyrocketed.
Secondly, he endorsed subsidies for private entrepreneurs to build low income housing, only to see these projects fall into disrepair after he got the support of the developers.
3. He will continue to exacerbate the corruption that his party has brought to Washington over the last decade. His association with ACORN, along with the key support from Maxine Waters, Barney Frank and Chuck Todd, are well documented and at the center of the Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae failures.
He will use YOUR tax dollars to continue to fund ACORN to commit voter fraud and steal the election.
Not to mention his close relationship with Franklin Raines and Jim Johnson, who were both found to cook the books at Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae to stuff their pockets with YOUR tax $s.
4. Barrack will damage our reputation internationally as he agrees to sit down with known terrorists like Ahmadinejad, Castro and Chavez. At the same time, showing a lack of disregard for the safety of Israel.
5. He will continue to neglect the needy in this country as exemplified by his own tax returns (and his running mates).
Also, see #2 above.
6. He will increase the role of government in everyone's lives. From telling you what to eat, what to drive and how much money you should make.
All the while, hiding his shady relationships with domestic and international terrorists (see Ayers and Odinga).
At the same time, stifling free speech against those who dare speak out against him (see Missouri Truth Squads).
These are just a few reasons you should NOT vote for Barrack Obama. I would also urge any of you who can attend one of his rallies to do so. When you hear him in person you get a wonderful appreciation for HOW FULL OF SHIT HE IS, and how much NEGATIVE and BACKWARDS change he can and will bring.
At the same time, you will witness firsthand the largest gathering the mindless idiots.
I can provide links if you'd like.
7. Voting recording on taxes... every vote is for raising taxes except when voting "present".
8. Job creation... The $200,000-250,000. personal income level is the sweet spot of individual enterpreneurs. This is where the computer shop, real estate agent or other franchise owner decides to open that second shop or not. For many, higher taxes mean no second shop and no job creation. The risk/reward is simply not there.
9. Stifle success... Such taxes penalize the most successful smb's who create the most jobs.
10. Obama Presidency, Pelosi House and 60% Senate will outspend anything we have ever seen, surpassing even Bush. That $250k ceiling will come down below $200k. At first it will be disguised somehow, then they won't bother and just power it through.
11. Union pressure will further hobble large employers and more jobs will move overseas. Service workers for example may be forced to join unions without the secret vote.
12. Politically correct policies will further hobble large employers (and maybe smb's too) to the same effect of negative job migration.
IMHO President, Senate or House, these power centers need to be split.
A couple of random notes about small business ...
My two senators were on here as well - but not ONE Democrat. We wouldn't be in this mess if somebody had listened. And I am going to have to give the link in the next post because Yahoo is being cantankerous.
Ya know what? Vote for him. It's your right. I am not going to attempt to change your mind any longer. You just have at it. But do not whine one iota when the truth comes to light and you see him for who he really is. Remember, be careful for what you ask, you may get it. Unfortunately, we will have to suffer right along with you. But I lived through Carter. I think that this will be worse, but I'll live through it too. The one who takes care of me is no puffed up presidential candidate.
"out of the horse's mouth?"
You quote some unknown speaker who didn't even know Davis and who admits that he doesn't even know if Davis was a member of the communist party as the "horses mouth"? Are you nuts?
Now you are trying to smear Obama by linking him to Davis by linking him to some other unknown author who didn't even know Davis. All to try to label Davis a "communist" and by association Obama.
This is McCarthyism at its best. You should be ashamed.
The most damning statement in your article about Davis was that he "deplored" the convictions (of communist party members) in Hawaii under the Smith Act. Prosecutions under the Smith Act ceased after a series of US Supreme Court decisions in 1957 ruled them unconstitutional. So it turned out that Davis was correct in his condemnation. You do believe in the Constitution, don't you?
I deplore your attempt to smear individuals by labeling them and using guilt by association.
I realize that your campaign is desperate, but how do you sleep at night?
Will you throw away all decency to try to win an election?
You know what Pierre? You remind me of an old cartoon in Family Circus where Jeffy, the little boy, was running through the house stark naked with his hands over his eyes. The mother is screaming, "Jeffffyyyy get back in here!!" and Jeffy says, "It's ok. Nobody can see me!"
You can deny, deny, deny all you want, but there are too many associations to ignore now. If socialism is what you want for America, then have at it, but people like me do NOT want to be dragged down with you. Bush turned out to be a fiscal liberal at best and a fiscal socialist at worst. Why in the world would we want to go further left than that? If you want to have a government run country then move to Cuba, Venezuela, China or Russia and then get back with us on how you like it.
Pierre - ever heard of "out of the horse's mouth?
From Political Affairs Magazine: Marxist Thought Online
Editor’s Note: This is the text of a speech delivered at the reception of the Communist Party USA archives at the Tamiment Library at New York University.
First of all, I would like to thank both the CPUSA and NYU for this marriage...
"deploring these convictions in Hawaii was an African-American poet and journalist by the name of Frank Marshall Davis, who was certainly in the orbit of the CP – if not a member – and who was born in Kansas and spent a good deal of his adult life in Chicago, before decamping to Honolulu in 1948 at the suggestion of his good friend Paul Robeson. Eventually, he befriended another family – a Euro-American family – that had migrated to Honolulu from Kansas and a young woman from this family eventually had a child with a young student from Kenya East Africa who goes by the name of Barack Obama, who retracing the steps of Davis eventually decamped to Chicago. In his best selling memoir ‘Dreams of my Father’, the author speaks warmly of an older black poet, he identifies simply as "Frank" as being a decisive influence in helping him to find his present identity as an African-American, a people who have been the least anticommunist and the most left-leaning of any constituency in this nation – though you would never know it from reading so-called left journals of opinion. At some point in the future, a teacher will add to her syllabus Barack’s memoir and instruct her students to read it alongside Frank Marshall Davis’ equally affecting memoir, "Living the Blues" and when that day comes, I’m sure a future student will not only examine critically the Frankenstein monsters that US imperialism created in order to subdue Communist parties but will also be moved to come to this historic and wonderful archive in order to gain insight on what has befallen this complex and intriguing planet on which we reside."
You can read the entire speech at: