Here's what I think will happen over the next year or so
- The economy, unemployment, and the stock market (and HPQ) will all improve slowing over the next year.
- The FY2013 deficit will fall below $900 billion. The FY2014 deficit will fall further, well below $500 billion.
- There will be more climate related very bad weather, droughts, floods, tornadoes, and/or Sandy level hurricanes. An outcry of "we've got to do something!" will force another attempt at a carbon tax, which will narrowly pass, along with funding for dikes and barriers to protect parts of the Atlantic coast.
- A new democratic government will form in Syria after the fall of the Assad regime.
- Obama will meet with the leaders of the newly democratic Middle East countries. They will develop an outline for peace in the Middle East. Not perfect, but step in the right direction.
- Health care will fall off the radar, as Obamacare goes into effect, with decent results, but a bill will be considered to fix some of the pieces that don't work as hoped.
- Further observation and study of distant suns and solar systems will show at least 2 planets with the possibility of life, and maybe even intelligent life.