National Academies of Science defines a scientific theory as “a well-substantiated explanation of the natural world that can incorporate facts, laws, inferences, and tested hypotheses.”
Dr Richard Feynman, Cornell Physicist in a lecture explained how theorys that failed the test of data or experiment are falsified ("wrong") and must be discarded.
GLOBAL WARMING THEORY HAS FAILED
(1) Warming not ‘global’. It is shown in satellite data to be northern hemisphere only
(2) It is now not warming. Warming (global mean and northern hemisphere) stopped in the 1990s
(3) Models suggest atmosphere should warm 20% faster than surface but surface warming was 33% faster during the time satellites and surface observations used. This suggests GHG theory wrong, and surface temperature contaminated
(4) Temperatures longer term have been modified to enhance warming trend and minimize cyclical appearance. Station dropout, missing data, change of local siting, urbanization, instrumentation contaminate the record, producing exaggerating warming. The GAO scolded NOAA for poor compliance with siting standards.
(5) Those who create the temperature records have been shown in analysis and emails to take steps to eliminate inconvenient temperature trends like the Medieval Warm Period, the 1940s warm blip and cooling since 1998. Steps have included removal of the urban heat island adjustment and as Wigley suggested in a climategate email, introduce 0.15C of artificial cooling of global ocean temperatures near 1940.
(6) Forecast models have failed with temperature trends below even the assumed zero emission control scenarios
(7) Climate models all have a strong hot spot in the mid to high troposphere in the tropical regions. Weather balloons and satellite show no warming in this region the last 30 years.
(8) Ocean heat content was forecast to increase and was said to be the canary in the coal mine. It too has stalled according to NOAA PMEL. The warming was to be strongest in the tropics where the models were warming the atmosphere the most. No warming has been shown in the top 300 meters in the tropical Pacific back to the 1950s.
(9) Alarmists had predicted permanent El Nino but the last decade has featured 7 La Nina and just 3 El Nino years. This is related to the PDO and was predicted by those who look at natural factors.
(10) Alarmists had predicted much lower frequency of the negative modes of the AO and NAO due to warming. The trend has been the opposite with a record negative AO/NAO in 2009/10
(11) Alarmists predicted an increase in hurricane frequency and strength globally but the global activity had diminished after 2005 to a 30+ year low. The U.S. has gone seven consecutive years without a landfalling major hurricane, the longest stretch since the 1860s
None of you ignorant neoCONNED welfare state crackers has even TRIED to come up with a new name for Glacier National Park yet either.
They are down to their last two dozen glaciers now and there were hundreds of them in the 1960s. Supposed to be all gone by 2035.
Your first 2 points are absolutely wrong, and I expect that all the rest have similar problems, but I'll let you do the research on those:
1. Warming is global, but it its more pronounced at the poles Both poles, not just one of them. Temperatures are rising more quickly at the poles than at the equator. Temperatures are rising in the Antarctic, just a they are rising in the Arctic region, and by similar amounts. In addition, thousands of square miles of Antarctic ice shelves have broken up, melted and gone away, as a result of the warming.
2. Warming has certainly not stopped. If warming had stopped 20 years ago, then we would not have our first first in the fall a month later than it was 20 or 25 years ago. Likewise, the last frost in the spring here would not now be a month earlier than it was 20 or 25 years ago. Warming continues as the oceans, land, and atmosphere warm at different rates in different locations.
I'll let you show us the problems wit the rest of your carefully numbers points. But, I will note that the writer of point 11 (no major hurricanes since 2005), seems to have forgotten about hurricanes Ike (2008), Irene (2011), and Sandy (2012).
How come it's still "winter" in Northern Michigan? It snowed over Mother's Day weekend, and we had a freeze warnings last week. The water's so cold the fish haven't started biting yet. They say it's never snowed later than the 4th of July around here, but I'm wondering if the winter might extend into August this year.