Havvit: New Local Product-Inventory App from Local Corp - Monday, December 16, 2013 (Screenwerk)
Local Corp. has released Havvit, a local-shopping app that leverages the Krillion data and infrastructure that it acquired a couple of years ago. The company intends the app to be a stand-alone consumer experience as well as a “showcase” of what can be done with its data.
The mother-company Local Corp has a publisher ad network and it could easily syndicate these local product data to that network and well beyond, via an API.
The advent of mobile shopping and the use of smartphones in stores makes Havvit and the underlying product data/technology immensely more valuable to Local Corp and its partners.
The company has a publisher ad network and it could easily syndicate these local product data to that network and well beyond, via an API. The company describes the Krillion platform “data as a service.” In the past some Krillion partners (e.g., the old Superpages) have not known what to do with local product data on their PC sites. With mobile and new consumer behaviors it’s self evident."
Key Takeaways from Q3-13 of Local Corp with an idlotic low market-cap of 36 million of today
• Revised 2013 guidance:
» Annual revenue for 2013 is expected to be at the low end of previously provided guidance of $95 to $97 million
» Adjusted EBITDA is expected to be approximately $4.5 million
• Sequential revenue growth up 4% to $23.5 million in Q3-13 from $22.7 million in Q2-13
• Adjusted EBITDA up 12% to $1.3 million in Q3-13 from $1.2 million in Q2-13
• Continued expansion of our highest gross margin business –Network revenue up 190% from Q3-12
• Significant progress related to local shopping
» Launched next generation Krillion®local shopping platform
» Announced agreement to provide location-based product data for major search engine
» Powering shopping channel for Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Some companies hurt the patent, on which patented Krillion local shopping platform bases
which provides dynamic location-based retail product information to connected consumers who conduct pre-purchase research via mobile and desktop websites and apps.
This could be one reason, because Ebay stopped the similar product Milo.
• Personalization – Enables shoppers to personalize their experience by selecting and following their favorite stores and categories so they can focus on only the products that matter to them.
• Price Tracking - Havvit’s intelligent price-tracking feature allows consumers to compare prices, set the ideal price for the items they want, follow price trends and receive alerts when the price is right, without the use of coupons.
• Comparison Shopping – Consumers can locate the items they want and find out which other stores have it near them and at what price.