I just received notice that a new 13E3A form has been filed with the SEC in which the date was set.
Go to the sec gov site and check it out since here can't post links. Here is part of what it says
May 28, 2013
Shareholders of LJ International Inc.
Re: Notice of Extraordinary General Meeting of Shareholders
You are cordially invited to attend an extraordinary general meeting of shareholders of LJ International Inc. (the “Company”) to be held on July 9, 2013 at 10:00 a.m. (local time). The meeting will be held at our Shenzhen office, 10th Floor, Block 18, Free Trade Zone, Shatoujiao, Shenzhen, People’s Republic of China. The attached notice of the extraordinary general meeting and proxy statement provide information regarding the matters to be acted on at the extraordinary general meeting, including at any adjournment or postponement thereof.
At the extraordinary general meeting you will be asked to consider and vote upon a proposal to approve and authorize the following:
the agreement and plan of merger, dated March 22, 2013 (the “merger agreement”), among the Company, Flora Bloom Holdings, an exempted company with limited liability incorporated under the laws of the Cayman Islands (“Parent”) and Flora Fragrance Holdings Limited, a business company with limited liability incorporated under the laws of the British Virgin Islands and wholly owned by Parent (“Merger Sub”),
the plan of merger as required under section 170 of the British Virgin Islands Business Companies Act, 2004, as amended (the “BVI Business Companies Act”), in the form attached as Annex A to the merger agreement (the “plan of merger”), and the transactions contemplated by the merger agreement, including the merger.
A copy of the merger agreement, including the plan of merger, is attached as Annex A to the accompanying proxy statement. Under the terms of the merger agreement, at the effective time of the me
Question I have is do they have enough shares to control the vote? I don't think they do. They only have about 38% if that. And if people vote "no" then it doesn't go through. So Yih is up the creek. Will he still run the company and work for the shareholders as hard as he is working for himself. What happens to the other shareholders who are funding this takeover?
Finally, what happens to us small investors if this is voted down, which I hope it is.
Anyone have any responses? Thanks...still holding...