Fri, Dec 19, 2014, 4:52 PM EST - U.S. Markets closed


% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Advanced Medical Isotope Corporation Message Board

  • wise4stocks wise4stocks Aug 23, 2012 1:07 PM Flag

    We're in trouble... US desperately needs isotope production.

    In the United States, 90% of all the medical isotopes are imported, and the remaining 10% are, for the most part, from companies producing a single isotope instead of a wide variety. That becomes a major problem when one considers the shortcomings and unreliability in the supply of medical isotopes. Most of the world's supply of Mo-99 comes from five aging nuclear reactors that are 43 to 52 years old. Moreover, two of them are due to shut down in a few short years -- the Osiris reactor in Saclay, France is due to shut down in 2015, and Canada's NRU reactor is scheduled to be shut down by 2016.

    Taken from this article-

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
0.001+0.001(+257.14%)3:59 PMEST

Trending Tickers

Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.