Just a WAG but on 11-10-2011 we closed at .65/sh. Then on 11-17-2011 we did the public offering with Oppy who paid .58/sh plus they got an underwriter's discount of .0348/sh so they effectively pd about .55/sh. Our stk began to move when MVIS announced that they had revised the RS proposal to reduce the post split authorized but unissued shs to 100M despite the fact that the votes counted to that point were in favor of the previous proposal and that Institutional Shareholder Services had recommended that it be approved.
IMO the institutional shareholders and prospective institutional investors wanted to have confidence that the RS was going to go thru and to do so with some reasonable limitations and after seeing this new proposal they are confident that it will. Therefore they are repricing our stk to the level that OPPY paid last November. Now what we need is for MVIS to take a crash course in remedial PR writing and put out some news showing our progress to date and the near term availability of commercial DGLs. GLTA.
their going to take your shares. O boy! Out of your pocket and into theirs. Ya thats going to make them money, NOT U!... doesnt sound very good for U. Not to late to change your vote. Did you plan on giving them your shares when you bought them? I didnt.
Agreed, and a thoughtful, realistic analysis.
Do you think MVIS might somehow be between a rock and hard place with regard to PRs before the RS? I suspect that this is the scenario. There may be news that they can't quite bank on taking the PPS above 1.00 for ten trading days (or whatever the criteria is). If you're AT, whaddya do then? You have to hold the news and push through the RS to avoid delistment. Not the evil plan some would spin it into - just hedging bets for max probability of survival.
You might be on to something. I was just thinking today, that this run seems contrived, as opposed to being the result of buying in anticipation of pending positive news.
It is as if "they" are running the PPS to a certain place.