I took about 3/4 off the table today. Not because I don't believe in Monday but because like I said SRPT is making me antsy and I want to be ready to get in if need be. Want to listen to their conference call Monday to see if there is an update on timing for meeting with FDA (i.e. has it occurred and if so when did it happen = T-30) . Good news I have 180 that can buy back in. Go longs!!!
you got too late in and too early out, my dear friend penny flipper. SRPT is going down hill once reality kicks in. You and others don't understand the market of DMD. All is based on pure hype, no substance.
Unlike most I do not hold a diversified portfolio. I still fully believe in Kerx and have still retained a 60k position. I will be back with hopefully another 300k and I anticipate the money sitting here the rest of the year. Also this was a hard decision which means that it might be a mistake. As others have noted it may be a few days premature. We will see. I may even buy back in on Monday. I just feel like it would be dishonest not to say that I made this move
Not totally sure I understand your thinking here. KERX has serious chance of another 50% increase with potential to double.
It seems that SRPT already has had its explosion and many good things alrady baked in.
If you are looking at diversifying, What about ZIOP instead ? Their phase 3 is 3rd week of March, and there, absolutely nothing baked in other than lot of fear and many shorts.
I looked at ZIOP. Right now cancer drugs scare me a bit. Predicting OS gets you into the realm of mathematical wizardry that is not my strength and as CLSN showed is full of peril. I rather stick to things I can wrap my head around and feel confident in results. However I will take a look at the PH2 more closely and see if I can get comfortable. After all was able to figure out CLDX had a working drug. Still I have become more cautious.
IDK, previous 10% gain was on GSK news which was already baked in because I knew the GSK drug was #$%$ based on prior CC (too many side effects to compete). But SRPT is still down from $40 high due to lack of news and speculation that AA will not be granted. Also I have seen analyst estimates in the hundreds which seem reasonable so $60 should be in the realm of possibility on news. Not telling anyone to leave here by any means. This is a really tough call for me. But I had been saying for a long time that March was going to be an SRPT play in all liklihood.