RDS-A with new leader ( Ben B.), stock buy-backs, profits possibly rising from trimming the fat, announcement coming at the end of this month, X-date two weeks after announcement, dividends rewards holding, new oil discovery in GOM, etc.
All of this and there's still that big "IF" word floating around in all our heads. Let's face it, investing these days is more and more like gambling. You got to know when to hold and know when to fold. I also noticed that the Bollinger bands are squeezing in to 3 $ range, but at a slight upward trend.
I used to be young
With a fast silver tongue
Just going through life without tension
But good old Ten Meaux
Got two years to go
And then I'll be getting my pension
I'm a man on a mission
With an average ambition
But all of us sometimes can fail
I'll wake when I wake
Can choose to sleep late
But I won't have to listen to Shell
Definately a new view of RD and investment plan. One that is nothing more than a WAG until the next few months play out. I'm not inclined to go too deep into my cash reserve with all the unknowns hanging over our heads like the crazy stuff happening today.
There's reason to be optimistic with recent discoveries in GOM, tighter handling of capital expenditures and liquidation of lower performing assets. Buttttt.... Will the plane shot down over Ukraine and Israel going into the Gaza Strip kick off an overdue correction? Total and BP both down more than 21/2% today. Took caution today and sold, but open to getting back in with any sizeable pull back. Good luck to those hanging in there.
My concern would be the fact the RDS doesn't generate enough cash to cover their dividend so they have been borrowing money to cover it and also to cover the buying back of shares. I have no position at this time.
This really something that you decide if it is worth it.The market is topping out but yet we have to take a chance (or not) for dividend coming up. A lot of variables that could trigger correction, like crisis in Ukraine and Iraq an PLO. You have to be ready that after the earnings season could be reason to pullback. RD is very tight in $83.23-$81 top and bottom Bollinger band, and it could also break either way. Ready the trigger just in case.