Fri, Sep 19, 2014, 6:04 AM EDT - U.S. Markets open in 3 hrs 26 mins

Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Coach, Inc. Message Board

you are viewing a single comment's thread.

view the rest of the posts
  • madmax_194752 madmax_194752 Jul 11, 2005 1:01 PM Flag

    COH is not luxury by

    OH
    While in China I found many Starbucks
    All have the same great products
    Now Coach can do the same
    I am betting that it can carve out a nich
    in China too
    MADMAX

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • What about trademark protection in China?

      Only the top 10% can afford COH, but they're so rich they buy LVMH, the other 90% will be happy with fakes.

      Where's the market?

      • 1 Reply to taylordavidg
      • Dont you think that comment was silly. If there are 1 billion plus people in china. Assume there are 500 million woman more or less. Then 50 million potential customers is not a market. Correct me if i m wrong thats a $1 billion market ready for us to reap the rewards!!


        What about trademark protection in China?

        Only the top 10% can afford COH, but they're so rich they buy LVMH, the other 90% will be happy with fakes.

        Where's the market?

    • I guess Coach will increase its presence in China gradually and will become yet another success brand of quality goods there.

      If you look at Coach's store locations outside the U.S., you'll find many many locations in Japan, Korea, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan etc etc, but not so in Europe. I guess they strategically avoid European countries (at least for now). Same reason you can't find a whole lot of Starbucks in Europe. Both companies are smart and they know their strength and weakness, and they know location, location and location (to expand).

      Go Coach go.

 
COH
37.33+0.31(+0.84%)Sep 18 4:00 PMEDT

Trending Tickers

i
Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.