but I think today's announcement is still good
news. Management showing some savvy with this hedging
as a way to lock profits. Smart move with market
volatility and such a huge CSCO stake. Also getting 260,000
additional shares in April worth about 38 million based on
We won't hit 90 this week like
people were hoping, but I think AFC is still undervalued
here with deals (both announced and euro deal to come)
and over 800 million in cash/securities. That's
almost one fourth of their market cap! No debt, nearly
300 million in revenues, and value of assets alone
warrant a serious look at AFC.
I'm guessing BTY
contract rumor will be next to catch hold. Regardless,
good company here and probably not dropping below 50
based on these fundamentals.
Hoping for more
analyst coverage soon. Activity over past week has make
us difficult to ignore.
I was sitting on about 5k shares of stock, 90
Feb40 calls and 100 Feb35 calls...a huge position for
Sold it all over the past several days...sold the
options too soon...only got a double, could have had a
quadruple had I been 48 hours more patient.
stock on Monday, still too soon.
I had a great
battle plan: wait till CSCO earnings announcement then
sell. Instead I chickened out and took my profits too
Still, I should be embarassed to be whining... I have
learned something about my trading patterns. I tend to
trade 'in the middle'. I wait for a bounce off the
bottom ('greed factor') and sell too soon ('fear
factor'). Maybe some day I'll get it right and have more
I'm really starting to like the
options game, tho, particularly with 'pattern' stocks.
AFCI is good, CCRD is good and lately PRGN has been
Remember, I now nothing, take what I say with a grain of
salt, lime and tequila.
I just read a past anyalist report, dated Oct.99
Lehman Bros. A recomended buy. " Company financial very
good." Good product in a very good field." Cisco stock
then about 80.00, big plus. Question mark, the Marconi
problem,how would it turn out. Now we know this turned out
very good. They also like the job J.S, was doing. They
projected .o9 for the comeing qtr.which was exceeded. In
other words if you read what they said then, and
compare it to what has taken place now. AFCI is a 60.00
stock. Stock was 30 then, They said stock should double.
check it out.
Dind`t you buy a load of feb37 calls a while
back. How did you make out with those?
I was trying
to buy them as well, but couldn`t cause it was an
Your 100% cash, let us know if you
get back in. I`m 90% stocks 80% of that in high teck,
should I be concerned? I don`t feel to worried, sleeping
well at nite. Maybe I`ve become too complaicent. My 12
month return is 119%. 80% of assets in IRA and I`m only
40 years old. What I`ve learned to date is not to
try and time the market and to pay attention to the
time line of your investment goals.
definately a novice investor but I think I`m doing the right
I think many regulars here hope to see you back in
AFCI in the future.
good luck to
AFCI was prudent and damn smart to protect thier
holdings in CSCO. But there is more to the story .... To
all those who think this signifies a dead deal, I
should point out that this strategic move also means
that AFCI is not too concerned about a CSCO runup past
$200/share pre-split. Why .... becuase we will be long sold
by then. This move protects AFCI and us short term.
Good move. Good sign.
confuse a bull market for brains
today's news has absolutely no effect on a
CSCO/AFCI rumored merger. It purely protects an asset
against a crazy market. AFCI's stock will be up tomorrow
if the market cooperates IMO. I don't think the
volume over the past 4 days is for any other reason than
a buyout. It was just too much activity. I really
think they will be bought soon but when I don't know.
neither confirms or denies any acquisition rumor.
You folks are reading way too much into what is
simply a solid financial risk management
This is the worst shape I've seen this board in in a
long long time.
FYI, IMHO AFCI is now too
expensive for a takeover target.