Let us recap so we can make some sense of LNKD stock move
1. Valuation: Trailing PE 966, Forward PE 115, PS 23. The most expensive Internet stock.
2. Insiders sold 70% of their shares at around $223.
3. Issued secondary shares at $223 with about 5% dilution.
4. CEO reduced guidance for 3Q13.
5. LNKD has been sued for hacking customers' e-mail accounts and sending out invitations in their names without their consent. The plantiff wants LNKD to stop the practice and share revenues with them.Yesterday, a judge ruled that anti wire-taping law applies to case against Google that routinely scans customers' e-mails and it must go to trial. In case of LNKD, there are two issues: unlawful hacking and misrepresentation.
6. If the above litigation goes against them, there may be additional shareholder lawsuits and SEC may also investigate for criminal wrongdoing.
7. In the last 90 days, 2014 EPS estimates have gone up only 4.5%, but the stock has gone up more than 55%.
8. Stock is trading well above 50 and 200 MA.
Compare FB and LNKD.
LNKD has about 20% FB revenues and 25% FB market cap. LNKD has about 20% membership of FB at about 200M.
The question is how far can LNKD catch up with FB? I happen to think LNKD has a stickier site with better revenue systems and is growing exponentially in its membership. Also, FB claim to have a fifth of the population of the planet as members...I think LNKD have plenty more potential members.
Well said. Don't be bothered by the idiots shorting the stock. They are sore losers who lost tons! LNKD is here to stay and is the premiere business site. Every professional is on there and every pro is not on Facebook. Facebook is not going to do as well as LNKD.