This is from the american shipper, forwarder momentum :
1. underestimating complexity of mini-conglomerates
2. defining geographic market too broadly
3. it spend =/ return
4. customers will pay premium for bundling
5. big customers equals big success
6. underspecifying synergies
He's setting up a network of complimentary routing in North America where he can give discounts to customers who are willing to do the entire routing through XPO instead of parcelling it out. That's the "value proposition"
And let me say if you're shorting this you're a moron.
that's what a freight forwarder does. but xpo is not a forwarder. and forwarders have a tried and tested business model, jacobs has nothing at this point. he's making all the classic mistakes that were predictable from the beginning.