facts not fiction to stop the kool aid drinkers here
1. Obamacare will cost taxpayers $1.8 to $2.6 trillion over the next 10 years. Over the next decade, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) estimates Obamacare will cost American taxpayers $1.798 trillion. The Republican Senate Budget Committee says CBO's numbers rely on overly optimistic economic assumptions and puts the true cost at $2.6 trillion.
2. At least 3.5 million Americans have already received health insurance cancelation notices. According to data compiled by the Associated Press
3. The now-infamous Obamacare website cost U.S. taxpayers over $1 billion to build. A Bloomberg analysis finds that the broken Obamacare website and its supporting IT infrastructure cost American taxpayers over $1 billion.
4. The New York Times says Obamacare "will leave out two-thirds of poor blacks and single mothers." The Times' analysis concluded that Obamacare "will leave out two-thirds of the poor blacks and single mothers and more than half of the low-wage workers who do not have insurance, the very kinds of people that the program was intended to help."
5. Tens of thousands of worker hours and jobs have already been cut due to Obamacare. Local stories of employers slashing jobs and worker hours have become common since Obamacare went into effect. As of Oct. 17, Investor's Business Daily's running Obamacare scorecard listed at least 351 employers who have cut jobs or hours in response to Obamacare
6. Premiums will rise by 99% for young men and between 55% to 62% for young women. As CBS News has reported
7. Obama promised no less than 23 times that "if you like your plan, you can keep your plan." NY Magazine compiled 23 video clips of Obama promising that Obamacare would not result in Americans losing their current health care insurance.
Hardly a fundraising letter Apple/ Tex. Plan sold on lies or ignorance or both
#6. New research from the Manhattan Institute estimates that insurance rates for young men will rise by 99 percent. Rates for younger women will rise between 55 percent to 62 percent, according to the right-leaning New York think tank. CBS
So CBS reports right wingers think obamacare will cost more.
"Hardly a fundraising letter Apple/ Tex. Plan sold on lies or ignorance or both"
It looks like a cut and paste from the “Young Conservatives” news letter.
A lot has been said on both sides of this debate. I just looked a number 4.
"A sweeping national effort to extend health coverage to millions of Americans will leave out two-thirds of the poor blacks and single mothers and more than half of the low-wage workers who do not have insurance
"Because they live in states largely controlled by Republicans that have declined to participate in a vast expansion of Medicaid, the medical insurance program for the poor, they are among the eight million Americans who are impoverished, uninsured and ineligible for help. The federal government will pay for the expansion through 2016 and no less than 90 percent of costs in later years." from the same NYT article.
It will be interesting to see how this will play out in the up coming elections. The red states that supported GOP governors now will not get money to insure their citizens and that only seems fair.
Perhaps the left wing jobs are us propaganda could solve this problem by doing anything they promissed just before winning the wh and the hopes and dreams of all the unfortunate that voted for the hope and dreams. the solution is not and easy one ,Perhaps we should just do what O wants? Maybe we could have a jobs program that is as sucessful as O care.