Anybody know when the cut-off for ERTS September quarter was? I'm guessing that it was last week, but I'd love to be sure. I suppose I could call Investor Relations. I ask because...
If the quarter ended _last week_ they must have made the quarter numbers without much effort. Otherwise, wouldn't they have shipped NHL earlier? What's a few days? They MUST have had at least one of the SKU's, if not all, waiting in the warehouse. I think that NHL release was a written promise that they made their numbers, and we are clear to move higher.
Good luck to all!
And, Sparkey, if you're reading... thanks for the lesson. It's making me mucho.
I'm almost as long as I can be, and am holding tight. I'll feel a lot better when we get above 43 9/16. If we break down below 42 3/4 before that, I may sell half. This would be for short term (day) players only.
Yesterday I sold a chunk at 44 (lucky) and felt stupid when the NHL release came out to give the "all clear" signal. Didn't expect to be able to buy back cheaper, but we've run into some selling. I bought the chunk back at 42 11/16 because it looked like we could do better than 42 3/4 and stay there.
We NEED to get above 44 today or we may see some selling. Resistance again at 44.59 and 44.75.
I'm not sure it's the market holding ERTS back. Looks near term overbought to me and we seem to be working it off by moving sideways. Let's hope the movement continues sideways.
If you're buying for a hold of a few weeks, I'd buy when we break through 43 11/16.
To me, I will look at the overall market first because ERTS is indeed dragging down by the weak market. The company is doing great this week with many new games releasing. I will hold it because the market has been down BIG three days already. Bargain hunters are starting to come in, and we should see the Dow Jones and Nasdaq narrowing down a bit by the end of today. So I expect the market will recover and going back up a bit tomorrow. In this case, ERTS should back up a bit tomorrow as well.