Thu, Oct 23, 2014, 7:23 AM EDT - U.S. Markets open in 2 hrs 7 mins


% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.


  • spencermurraygaunt spencermurraygaunt Mar 6, 2012 9:55 AM Flag

    Finally...Time to Buy Back

    I'm really glad me and mine sold shares into the top. Time to buy back under 1.55. Gobble it up folks. This is a blessing indeed.

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • JB, excellent advice, i have a list on my computer of Inverse etf's and will highlight those two. Currently I have an 2013 calls on SPXU for this very reason.

    • Ditto. We may get another short term pullback over the next week 1625-1650. That would be a good time to buy on dips.

      Inverse as well. That is a double bargain.

      ~ Shiny

    • Rather than selling shares of SG during a correction in gold you may want to look at GLL. An ETF that is set up to trade twice the inverse of the price of gold. ZSL for silver does the same. Adding these ETF's during a downturn in PM's will offset any losses you may incur in SNDXF without having to give up any shares or try to guess the tops and the bottoms.JB

    • Shiny, I am a very slow typer (and thinker). The key to getting out of the sisters is COMFORTABLE. If that cannot be achieved then holding through all future events is the standard. Ther is no way I want to be caught without shares of these sisters.

    • Thanks, I concur with Greece and the EU. Last week I picked up some more of SG at what I thought was a "stink bid" of 1.645. Was going to lower the price as I was online when it hit 1.48 but it was too fast for me. This purchase drained most of my cash holdings. Right now I have a sell at 1.82 and will replenish my cash. And put in another stink bid. This is all done with extra shares or trading shares (as JB calls them). This is a great board with a lot of knowledge. It is my hope we can pinpoint an exit strategy based on the items shiny has mentioned as well as others. I am very comfortable with the two sisters, as I have mentioned before I am about 4:1 with SME, (mostly due to cost and my belief in five years when Nat gas turns SME may have more options on streams). IF A COMFORTABLE EXIT point can be determined and we are able to go to cash and buy back, thats what I am looking for. I would guess we would all be in favor of that. There is no doubt that with the knowledge on this board we may be able to determine such a point. As always GLTA

      PS: To my girl TC, If you could please refresh your "vibes" on the UNCW vs JMU series. If we do not get something done today it will be a sweep... Oh my!

    • I want to append one statement I made. I would probably "HOLD" onto SG and SME during the next downdraft. Go to Cash and Inverse ETF's and load the truck when the cycle begins to revert. I am in agreement with JB.

      ~ Shiny

    • JB, Couldn't agree more. Had I kept my original shares I would have done better. Now I am building a strong position based on pullbacks like the one we had 1.60. where I doubled up. Should we slide below 1.40-1.45 I would double up again.

      That being said I have to ease out of Brigus (BRD). I believe they may be in trouble and I have substantial holdings there. The situation is touch and go so I may have to book losses on that.

      BTW: Miners are like a "flock of geese" in terms of movement and as "BOAT" says sometimes one of them gets sick. Thats Brigus.

      ~ Shiny

    • Mick, just to add to what Shiny has said, look for a correction in the price of gold for your best entry point in SNDXF. In the past when gold has dropped quickly (10%), margin calls seem to flip the switch for all of the trailing stops and when you have a basket of PM's they all seem to drop together.
      I started off in the 140's and bought down to 0.96 and all the way back up with my last buy @ 1.64. I was trading this stock but in the end it only cost me money. If I would have just kept every share I ever bought I would have done much better.
      If you are buying and you are looking to hold for a long term investment then I would be buying as much as you can under $2.00. We may pullback from time to time but long term under 2.00 will be a great investment in this company. I have a good size position in this company and I'm adding with every announcement of future streams. Good luck to you.JB

    • A week from now when they release results followed by the AGM one would think you should be locked and loaded. This stock is carefully timed so once it crosses the $2.00 mark I don't think it will ever look back. I would imagine that there will be a lot of pressure to get it up to the US listing requirements. My guess would be Sept. to catch the fall season. Good size blocks of the warrants (75,000) are being sold at the ask $1,19. If gold stays green prepare for launch. This has been consistently good for more than a year now, as they used to say in the old country"As good as gold".

    • I am not a trader. I do not read charts, and do TA but just looking at the fundamentals and mgmt team I would buy now or on any pull backs and hold long term. The key to this stock as is with any other stock is good management and I honestly believe SNDXF has a very good team and i am banking on that team with a high percentage of my portfolio.

    • View More Messages

Trending Tickers

Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.