Fri, Sep 19, 2014, 6:44 PM EDT - U.S. Markets closed

Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

InVivo Therapeutics Holdings Corp. Message Board

  • dwilliam1994 dwilliam1994 Jul 22, 2013 11:11 AM Flag

    Worth it to wait for a small slump before buying more?

    Or am I just fretting over small percentage points now?

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • You can't time an uplisting. I'm a data person, so when I have something like this uplisting, I try to figure an estimate to measure against. I believe the article "How an Uplisting Works" from TheStreet states it best. "The conclusions are that timing on uplistings is uncertain, timing depends entirely on Nasdaq approval, and it pays to be patient. Because I missed out on the massive Sinocoking run and a few others, I typically try to get in early and then be patient rather than waiting until it is too late. "

      Below is something I sent my friends based on the above article.

      Organovo announced on March 19, 2013 that it completed a 2.3 million outstanding warrant redemption. On July 9, 2013, they announced they were uplisting to the NYSE. As the below article illustrates, even the best can't time an uplisting as the speed of the uplisting is left up to the exchange. In some cases it is almost immediate, in other cases weeks, and in Organovo's case, 3 months 21 days. Note, the redemption of warrants had no effect on the price, however in a case where a company needs to redeem warrants to meet uplisting requirements, that would be a good time to buy and wait for the uplisting to occur.

      That said, NVIV warrants were redeemed on Jun 4th and the time period has exceeded the 60 days the CEO estimated. Using Organovo as a baseline, that would give NVIV uplisting date any time up to Oct 3rd, but again, it could come at any time.

      Sentiment: Strong Buy

    • Focusing on pennies is like playing with fire, in this case. You will kick yourself for years to come if news hits before you buy more. You will have lost out on dollars. But if it pulls back pennies after you buy, you will only kick yourself until news hits and it shoots up, which will happen any day. All imo.

      Sentiment: Strong Buy

    • For those who bought early, say six months ago, certain newsletter is advocating taking profits around $6.

      Sentiment: Hold

 
NVIV
0.5397+0.0397(+7.94%)Sep 19 3:41 PMEDT

Trending Tickers

i
Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.