Do you think there is any concern that the 20mil award for the AZ treatment would get denied? It is on the new agenda list for the Sept 5-6 Cirm meeting but recently there were issues with Robert Klein (former board member and still has some pull over the CIRM board) speaking up for STEM. He also has personal ties with Irv Weissman (founder of STEM). After reading a few articles on how he was questioned and the boards issues does have me a little concerned. It is still on the not recommended for funding list on the agenda. I know on July 26th the board sounded like they would really like this but behind the scenes stuff in the past month gets to me. The technology is awesome and it has the potential to be a great procedure. What do yall think?
First the recommendation list that is posted is the old one. They haven't updated it since the appeal was approved to go to new review. Second, they had new data that the review board did not consider. That was the animal data that was released in July. Third, I was listening to that meeting and the board was very receptive. They gave 2 other RFAs an approval that were also not recommended. While it's not 100% guaranteed, I'm giving it an 80% chance of approval. This is why the pps has not shot up yet. There is still doubt about the approval so funds are holding back on buying till they know for sure. So if you are holding now it is a bet on that approval. If you are concerned then you should not play with stem cell stocks because they are risky. You should sell and buy a nice muni bond.
Here's what I think. Due to HUGE results coming in september and lack of other therapies, STEM's drugs will have to achieve phases 2..... and no need for phases 3. They'll get approval and phase 4 (data after marketing).