Read the filing....VOTE NO to more dilution!
7707 Gateway Blvd.
Newark, California 94560
NOTICE OF ANNUAL MEETING OF STOCKHOLDERS
To be Held on December 20, 2013
To the Stockholders of STEMCELLS, INC.
Notice is hereby given that the Annual Meeting of Stockholders of StemCells, Inc. (“StemCells” or the “company”) will be held on Friday, December 20,
2013, at 10 a.m., local time, at 7707 Gateway Boulevard, Newark, California 94560 for the following purposes:
1. to elect the three Class I directors named in the accompanying proxy materials to serve until the 2016 Annual Meeting of Stockholders;
2. to consider and vote upon a proposal to ratify the selection of Grant Thornton LLP as independent public accountants for the company for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2013;
3. to consider and vote upon a proposal to amend the company’s restated certificate of incorporation to increase the company’s authorized capital by one hundred fifty million shares of common stock;
4. to consider and vote upon a proposal to adopt the 2013 Equity Incentive Plan as proposed; and
5. to transact any and all other business that may properly come before the meeting.
The Board of Directors has fixed the close of business on Friday, October 25, 2013, as the record date for determining those stockholders who are entitled to notice of, and to vote at, the annual meeting of stockholders and any postponements or adjournments thereof. The stock transfer books will not be
closed between the record date and the date of the meeting.