present. Let's not say that everyone will be in the dark
when the "good" news comes out because it never works
out like that. News, good or bad, always leaks
Ok, let's give it one more day but I wouldn't bet the
My Fellow Stockholders:
The President is
traveling in Central America this week...seems a terrific
time to announce that the Euro trade barriers are
coming down....in addition, the G7 meeting this weekend
might also be the time to yield an announcement.
I had a CQB bananna after my mid day run this
afternoon. The cavalry is coming...don't sell
Though you thoughts on the bid size as being a
indication of demand, breaking (or absorbing) that demand is
an indication of overwhelming supply. Especially at
these low levels, this is not a good indication for
this stock. The best we can look for is a climatic
bottom where volume swells up and the price drop really
stretches the limits of the buyers. Then your risk/reward
ratio is most favorable. I don't think we're there
Let's hope the general stock market doesn't tank or
else we'll see $7-8 per share. I'm not a pessimist,
but I never thought we'd challenge and break the new
THere is no magic number. Yes, any share that
moves at 9 almost has to be a loss. So, the 557 would
indeed be a buy.
Now, my question is where are
the 80K share at 9 1/16 coming from.
given the fact that the 600K block is still
(apparently) sitting at 9, then where did those other blocks
come from. We have not truly identified
Could it have been company benefit plans? Does anyone
know for sure?
when you see 557,000 share WILLING TO BUY and
80,000 SHARE WILLING TO SELL, it tells you there is more
UPside Pressure. There are more people/institutions
interested in buying at 9 versus the same willing to sell at
9 1/16. I see this as good, even thought the stock
price is in the toilet. Any share that move at 9 are
almost certain LOSSES. There is no magic number here.
Share can trade close to ZERO, but we know they won't.
The only thing to bring prices up is DEMAND. This
will not happen until some good news is out. When you
see abnormal Volume one way or the other, it is from
559K shares at 9 bid
80K shares at 9/16
That's a lot of shares to be sitting waiting execution
with none of them crossing.
Means that there
are some huge limit orders (buy or sell you tell me)
and NO market orders.
Thus we are dealing with
some sellers/buyers who know what has been happening
with this stock and have very well defined target
prices and they are not budging from them.
don't think that this is a positive sign, but need
someone more familiar with Stochastic modeling and market
savvy to explain this to me
Isn't bid where you want to buy?
proposed that it might be a stop loss, but someone
contradicted that. I don't remember their argument. Basically
if that was a sell order, don't you think that 500
or 600K shares hitting the wire at a sell would
depress the stock even lower??????????
that perhaps I am a rube when it comes to
understanding the basics of markets)
However, if someone
wanted out at 9, would they still be hanging around this
long at 9 1/16. If you decide to move that many
shares, you've made up your mind about the long term
prospects of this stock. I can't imagine deciding that my
investment was worthy of selling, at 9, but I'm willing to
hang on for two weeks at 1/16 above that price. Not
for that kind of cash when there are other investment
vehicles which might earn a more stable return, or
guarantee my capital.
Rememer, we have not traded
below 9 in 7+ years. Thus, this isn't someone locking
in a gain. Thus if it is indeed a sell order (Stop
loss) then that is a HUGE negative sign. And it's all
downhill from there.
Ask yourself who would be
willing to move 500K shares at 9.
it is a buy, but a buy only at that
Please feel free to offer other opinions
But if you had the stones to short this thing to
start with, seeing that big block at 9, would you
really try to shoot for that extra 1/16 of a point. Not
people who short look for quick,
definite gains. They understand the time value of money,
and they certainly understand risk vs. reward. I am
almost certain that no one would hold a short position
for a large time period given the implied potential
volatility in this stock. Therefore, I can not imagine that
the big block is a short cover.
don't you have to pay interest on a short sale. That in
itself lends shorts to be short-term transactions, not
long term, multi-week issues.
Moments after the market opened this morning, the
bid is showing 558,000 shares at 9.
big block (or a portion of it) is still out
Thus begs the question, where did those other larger
Sorry, I seem to have forgotten a decimal point,
make that 602 shares!
But seriously folks, I
believe that CQB is one of those few stocks that you
could presently purchase and explain why you actually
DID. There's a lot of wacky stuff going on out there -
I'd rather take my chances with something that has
some logical thought behind it. Contrary to the
comments of one of the posters a few dozen or so back, CQB
has improved their level of debt as well as lowered
the cost of the debt, and I think that combined with
the overdue commodity cycles position this company
well. And if the WTO thing goes CQB's way as well, we
can say we knew it all along.