STRONG REVENUE AND EARNINGS GROWTH
SABMiller plc, one of the world’s leading brewers with operations and distribution agreements across six
continents, reports its interim (unaudited) results for the six months to 30 September 2012.
· Strong brand development and sales capability drove broad-based growth in our emerging markets.
· Organic, constant currency group revenue growth of 8% and reported group revenue up 11%.
· Lager volumes rose 4% on an organic basis, while selective price increases and positive brand mix drove
group revenue per hectolitre (hl) growth1 of 3%.
· Organic, constant currency EBITA grew by 9%. Reported EBITA up 17%, despite adverse currency
movements and increased commodity costs, enhanced by the inclusion of Foster’s.
· EBITA margin improvement of 30 basis points (bps) on an organic, constant currency basis with a reported
margin uplift of 100 bps driven by last year’s acquisitions and business combinations and strong top line
· Foster’s integration programme progressing well, synergy delivery and capability build running ahead of
· Adjusted EPS up 14% to 118.1 US cents per share.
· Free cash flow2 up 14% to US$1,684 million, assisted by the timing of tax cash flows.
¹Growth is shown on an organic, constant currency basis.
²As defined in the financial definitions section. See also note 10b.