decision made. If its still around 19 i will buy 50% of my original shares.
heres my reasoning looking 18 months out. I assume the stock will have recovered and the dividend will have returned to its previous levels. if it takes 18 months for the divident to be restored and the stock rallys back to 22.50 I make 18% on the stock plus $1 in dividends for an additional 5.26% that makes my total return of 23.6% in 18 months or 15.7% a year.
I am an active investor/trader of EDE and I lucked out. I had taken profits on all my shares prior to the earnings/dividend announcement and was on the cusp of buying back yesterday to get the dividend in spite of the price run up in the past month. Fortunately, it did not come to my price and looked like it would today so I did not buy yesterday. Of course, last night was a total game changer.
I will not be quick to buy back, if I buy back, and have set a minimum yield of 6% before I will even think of buying back. At a $.25 dividend the price will have to be $16.50. Anything less is not worth the risk. JMO.
My regards to the longs still holding. I am still holding GXP from that debacle so I can associate with all longs.
I'm holding also. The market way over reacted and it's only 2 quarters of no div. I don't think it should have gone down more than a dollar. Hey, most of it should be insured. I think it will come back a stronger company. My prayers go to all people affected by the tornados.