Fri, Jul 25, 2014, 10:44 PM EDT - U.S. Markets closed


% | $
Click the to save as a favorite.

Pluristem Therapeutics, Inc. Message Board

  • mdplanet Jun 12, 2013 9:57 AM Flag

    Unknowns A-plenty

    There are just too many uncertainties with this stock right now and I feel it necessary to address some of the issues that raise my concerns. The first thing that comes to mind is the halt. The woman, though had underlying conditions, did have a reaction to PLX-PAD. The severity & resulting hospitalization were probably a result of many factors, including her medical condition. However, what we don't know is whether there were other patients experiencing reactions. An SAE will suspend a trial, but if the other patients weren't hospitalized, then it's only an AE and goes on record with the safety data. From the PR, "of 74 patients enrolled...this is the first case of a SERIOUS allergic event." What we thought was a diminishing safety profile did a complete 180 and is an important factor once again. As far as efficacy, we have no idea whatsoever as we haven't heard a peep, only hearsay from the some that think they know it all.

    Secondly, for those that believe big news is coming and near term partnerships are inevitable need a wakeup call. Any company interested in talking deals will now most likely wait until the trials are complete, or at least until some interim data is released. (Overheard from the Takeda Boardroom: "Let's go ahead and invest $40M in a company whose lead candidate trial was suspended. All those in favor...." LOL, but all joking aside.)

    Thirdly, my count for injected patients is only 107, not 153. Correct me if I'm wrong but my calculations include 27 from the CLI trials, 3 compassionate uses, 3 from the Hip Replacement trial and 74 from the CL trial. Did I miss something? I don't think so. That puts the figure at almost 1% SAE's.

    Disclosure: I did sell my shares knowing that for the next 30-90 days, the probabilities side with a drop in PPS. This will be interesting to watch, but at this point I prefer to be a spectator on the sidelines until we hear something positive with the trials, not preclinical animal models.

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • Allo and "God-Buteo" will not like your post , Md. Too much reality wakes them from their dream state. I, however, enjoy an honest opinion . Honest opinions are very rare on this board. Now....let the MD bashing begin....You got that right!

    • Well said !! covers all the issues.
      You're quote of the board room exchange.... no one is going to push for a license or partnership at this moment. Why? because whoever champions that move will be fired on the spot if anything goes wrong. THey'd rather pay a higher price later than risk their own jobs now.
      again MD... well said.


    • MD

      I enjoy your posts. I couldn't agree more with what you have written.

      • 1 Reply to trader50002000
      • I agree with all above. However I have taken the opposite side of the coin. And have placed a trading bet that some shorts will take this time of unknowns, uncertainties and time delays to cover some of their positions, to me low volumes suggest fence sitting sellers have sold. I placed a trading bet on the clinical hold day and it payed of so I will try it again. I am just looking at that short term risk reward, while holding some long term shares and lowering cost of entry. As I am thinking we have at least 45-60 days of unknowns and probably closer to 90 days from CH day Sometimes with some bios I will pick up trading shares in the face of fear and if it doesn't work then I will have a small loss, if it does work well then entry cost will be lowered again. I believe the science is sound but one never knows for sure what is in the future.

        I would never suggest anyone ever do what I do, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

2.900.00(0.00%)Jul 25 3:50 PMEDT

Trending Tickers

Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.