very low volume today and the ask limits are much higher than the current levels. I dont think there are many sellers at this price which is good.
you will see some action if it gets up to 24. give it till the end of next week to see if any sellers creep out of the wood work after the holiday and then if its still here this is a good place to add.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
Many large investors especially venture capital are required to hold through a 180 day lock up period. EPZM went public 5/30 and 11/27 is when lock up period ends. VCs and execs can start to sell their shares then. VCs will want to exit with their profits though they do have to be careful to not suppress price as they do so so they may stage their exit. But I am concerned about their desire to lock in profits and end of year bonuses so I expect pressure on the stock as they do so.
In order to benefit the initial investors, you can almost guarantee there will be a small run-up in price prior to the 27th. It is that bounce I intend to make money on.
If there is not a bounce (I think there will be one), then very few shareholders will sell after the lockup is lifted. they will wait until the price is back up in mid to upper 20's.
All three postings above are very helpful. The insider purchase last week when the stock price collapsed was confusing for me to understand: (1) 11 entities (people or co.) purhcased identical numbers of shares for each, (2) the total purchase was more than 4.4M shares, more than 50% of the entire portfolio of floating shares for the company, per Yahoo Finance's numbers. I wonder if the purchases were done on the open market - if not, what would be the impacts on your target price, at least for the next months? Thanks