Totally agree. I was trading in and out of TGT a few months ago but when I saw SNE tumble I could not resist. I have deviated from my strategy by buying and holding this one. Was tempted to sell the first two times it crossed $26 but I'm determined to hold this for the long haul. Time shall tell but all signs are positive for a stedy rise in SNE. Good luck to all.
never did options so far and my knowledge is
limited, may i ask what happens
in each senario if i buy 1000 options shares
october calls (strike 35$) using 350$.
1. if at October expiration Sne is = 35$
2. if at October expiration Sne is < 35$
3. if at October expiration Sne is > 35$
I have little faith in most analysts, but here's the link;
Sne moves most on the Yen vs Dollar exchange rate (right now) more than anything else. If the dollar is strong, SNE goes up, if dollar is weak, yen goes down.
<<UBS Warburg down graded SNE and cut its rating on Sony to "neutral" from "buy. >>
Problem is you don't understand the language. Let me help.
Strong buy - We expect some serious trouble and need to bump up this puppy so we can still salvage a profit.
Buy - This piece of crap is going nowhere would someone please take it off our hands.
Hold - We want you to hold it so we don't have to.
Sell - We want more shares, but want to buy them at a discount.
Strong sell - We REALLY want more shares and we want them at a serious discount.
Hope this helps.
a totally manipulated
Why fret over every small down day? People do not have patience anymore. Of course every stock has a down day at some point in time. It can't be up every session. Sony is a good value over time...period. If you're too impatient to wait, then don't worry, post, and daytrade.
I like it to Gap Down on me when it opens. Then if it goes from side to side, gaps up n down during my ride, it still ok.
But when I'm ready to pull out, I'd like it to Gap up hard.
I agree, I don't think you'll see any big rise in this stock, until we get some sort of positive news that it's earnings will improve.
You made some profit and that is what counts.If the stock has you this upset,best that you sold.Not worth chancing getting an ulcer over.I still own SNE but I must admit it has been frustrating at times.Just when you think it is starting an uptrend,down it goes.Good luck.There is a lot of manipulation going on in many stocks.
Both you and Grim have stressed out over this stock. This seems to be a difficult stock to daytrade, as you seem to be doing (unless I am misreading your posts). However, today is like the previous 4 or so days, as Grim observed, that the stock starts out low during the day, and ends high. So, if you wish to play it that way, you can. Maybe it will do the same thing tomorrow it did the past 4 or 5 days.
However, as a long term investor, I am comfortable with the stock at this level, as I believe it is going up in the next few months. I know if I had the money, I could do better with shorter term plays, but I don't. So, while you and Grim may be frustrated, I will mostly relax and enjoy the slow long rise along with the inevitable down days or weeks. (Of course, I won't let this go to $15 without selling and cutting my losses before that, but I'm not predicting that.)
So, for the long term, I am calling this a Strong Buy, but I understand Grim's Strong Sell and your frustration.