MARQUETTE -- Cliffs Natural Resources announced Monday the planned contributions to Marquette County organizations in 2014, totaling more than $410,000.
Part of the announcement included new multi-year commitments totaling $550,000 to Northern Michigan University, the Michigan Iron Industry Museum and the Diocese of Marquette Father Marquette School.
"While these three pledges highlight the Foundation's commitment to the area for 2014, they are part of an overall program of support to a significant number of community organizations and programs," said Dale Hemmila, director of public affairs in North America for Cliffs. "The Foundation's annual contributions to education and community building is reflective of the long-time commitment Cliffs Natural Resources has maintained within the communities where it has operations."
The Cliffs Foundation will provide $250,000 to NMU over five years for continued development and support of Clinical Laboratory Science programs. The Iron Industry Museum is set to receive $200,000 over five years, and Father Marquette will receive $100,000 over two years.
Contributions and pledges from the Cliffs Foundation for 2014 include:
Multi-Year Ongoing Pledges
• Marquette General Health Systems Linear Accelerator - $50,000
• Iron Ore Heritage Recreational Authority Trail - $50,000
• Room at the Inn - $40,000
• Great Lakes Center for Youth Development - $25,000
• Women’s Center/Harbor House - $12,500
• Superiorland Cross Country Ski Club - $10,000
• Ishpeming Carnegie Public Library - $5,000
• Noquemanon Trail Network - $5,000
• Lake Superior Community Partnership Chairman’s Circle - $5,000
New 2014 Pledges
• NMU Clinical Laboratory Science Programs - $250,000 ($50,000/year for five years)
• Michigan Iron Industry Museum - $200,000 ($40,000/year for 5 years)
• Diocese of Marquette Father Marquette School - $100,000 ($50,000/year for two years)
• Bay Cliff Health Camp - $20,000 ($10,000/year for 2 years)
• Richmond Township EMS Ambulance - $15,000
• Birchview Elementary School Technology Equipment - $10,000
• Teaching Family Homes Interpretive Trail System - $10,000
• Child and Family Services Preservation Programs - $5,000
• Marquette Salvation Army Program Support - $5,000