Wed, Apr 16, 2014, 5:34 PM EDT - U.S. Markets closed

Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Protalix BioTherapeutics, Inc. (PLX) Message Board

  • woodbarn woodbarn Nov 8, 2012 2:16 PM Flag

    Protalix collaboration net income $1.67 million is decent. Elelyso profitable after two quarters in U.S. market.

    Protalix collaboration net income $1.67 million is decent. Elelyso profitable after two quarters in U.S. market. Since Protalix's share is 40%, Pfizer got the other 60%,or $2.5 million. Combined total net was around $4.175 million.

    Pfizer does not release Elelyso revenue figures, but it can be estimated from royalties that Protalix pays to OCS. I think OCS royalties is 3% of Pfizer reported Elelyso revenue. Since $314,000 was paid to OCS, revenue was probably around $10.5 million.

    Pfizer might be supplying Elelyso to around 280 patients. Assuming Elelyso cost around $37,500 a quarter, then 280 patients would generate around $10.5 million.

    Net income of $4.175 on revenue of $10.5 million would give Elelyso a net profit margin of around 39%.

    Anyway, Protalix reported a loss for quarter and will probably take a while for company to generate a profit. Protalix gets 100% profits in Israel which might help. Also, since drug is locally made in Isreal, maybe existing Cerezyme and VPRIV patients will switch. Brazil approval is expected soon.

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
 
PLX
4.18-0.13(-3.02%)Apr 16 4:01 PMEDT

Trending Tickers

i
Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.