So when does anyone on here actually talk about the real prospects of BAC instead of all of the political and homophobic/sexist/racist bashing that goes on. What a waste of a board. And for the record, I'm long big time and expect the stock to jump to $16 after the court approves the $8.5 billion settlement on the 30th. Then we're on to $20.
How far are we from a legitimate increase in the dividend? I feel like once that happens we'll get that jump to $15 or $16... I'm long... Just feel like it's a matter of time before all the muck gets cleaned up.
There are a few investors still here, but you have to put a hundred or more users on "ignore" to spot them. It would help if yahoo would allow us to use a filter list for "hide any post containing this text". I think an "ignore any person already on ignore by X others" would also help.
What really chaps our backside is that we could have bought Home Depot or similar for the same PPS, or near. HD is 76+ while we have gotten seriously damaged by the pieces of squat, 2 civilian, 4 govt., individuals who are all very rich now. Am "fried" over this B/S intervention wherein a very,very bad BAC decision was made under pressure by Sec. Treas. Paulson. We have suffered greatly as a consequence.
BAC is way, way behind the market as a result. Quite sure Paulson kept Mozillo out of jail. Freddie and Fannie involved is why.
We longs and large have REALLY been damaged .
Sentiment: Strong Buy
I believe the settlement they are talking about on the 30th has something to do with Countrywide. If you want all the details, just google the subject for more information. I am also a shareholder and dont think I will live long enough to see this stock go up more than twenty, hope I am wrong.
I think we are due for a modest correction but I agree, price to book should be equal to its peers in which case you are more than right about the price. I will pick up more at 12.75 to 13.05 in the next pull back.
I think some of the settlement is priced in as most believe Article 77 will hold water.....the issue is I think the downside is way more than the upside on the court's decision....that's why I'm willing to sit out until a decision is rendered.....hopefully will not lose too much upside and can get in quickly after decision vs potentially having a really nice entry point due to the uncertainty created by non approval...
YEP!! Gets tiring hitting the ignore button, only to see multiple aliases posting again. Yahoo doesnt appear to review the reports. But, im long here too, I normally dont care what the daily pps is, as my sell date is long into the 2020s.
I've learned to just ignore all that dribble. For the most part there are other investors here that actually appreciate the message boards and use them for the use of spreading news about all of OUR investment. I can't say I agree that the stock will rise to $16 after the settlement but it doesn't hurt to speculate.