Why the big rally just because the Fed decided to continue buying debt from the banks?
* Strengthening bank capital by buying bonds from them does nothing to increase profitability.
* Obama is lobbying for an increase in the debt ceiling .... meaning he wants to continue spending more than the government takes in.
* Monthly net job creation is still negative.
* Median income is still falling.
* Sales metrics at big discount retailers have deteriorated sharply in recent months.
* Businesses are still holding back on making big new investments.