For a Christmas holiday week, the volume is relatively heavy today, especially compared to other stocks in my portfolio. There's definitely major interest in this stock, I wonder if some big funds started adding lately, even though the share price is too low for most funds.
Yeah but I'm pretty convinced end of year or not, most clever shorts would have started covering anyway because TC is simply not a good strategic short candidate at this point. It might be a "sell and wait" candidate, arguably, but shorting it below $5 is very risky.
I am totally convinced that January and/or early February will see a major push in the stock caused by pre-Q4 optimism. I think if it reaches $5 before the end of January, TC will temporarily be a 'hold' until the update on Mount Milligan is released. If MM is 85% complete by December 31st and all is on schedule, TC is definitely a buy at $5. But that's just the way I see things and handle risk/reward opportunities.