To the Stockholders of ModusLink Global Solutions, Inc.:
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the 2012 Annual Meeting of Stockholders (the “2012 Meeting”) of ModusLink Global Solutions, Inc. (the “Company”) will be held at Norton’s Woods Conference Center at the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, 136 Irving Street, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, on March 12, 2013, at 9:00 a.m. Eastern time, for the following purposes:
1. To elect two Directors to serve in Class I until the 2015 Annual Meeting of Stockholders and until their respective successors are duly elected and qualified;
2. To amend the Company’s Restated Certificate of Incorporation to declassify the Board of Directors;
3. To approve, on an advisory basis, the compensation of our named executive officers;
4. To approve the sale and issuance of 7,500,000 shares of the Company’s common stock at a price of $4.00 per share and warrants to purchase 2,000,000 shares of the Company’s common stock at an exercise price of $5.00 per share, and the issuance of such shares upon exercise of such warrants, to Steel Partners Holdings L.P., an affiliate of Handy & Harman Ltd. (“HNH”);
5. To ratify the appointment of KPMG LLP as the Company’s independent registered public accounting firm for the current fiscal year; and
6. To transact such other business that may properly come before the 2012 Meeting or any adjournments or postponements thereof.
"On January 29, 2013, representatives of HNH attended a meeting with representatives of the Board to discuss a potential investment by affiliates of HNH in the Company and a settlement of the proxy contest. Following that meeting, counsel to each of HNH and the Company further negotiated the terms of the possible settlement and potential investment."
Now go take a look at how the share price & volume performed on Jan 29, and tell me that it was just a coincidence.