1. Is the company making a profit
2. Will the company continue to make a profit
3. Do you like the product the company has to offer
4. Is the company diversified in its product line
5. Are any new customers ordering from the company.
6. Are existing customers happy with the product and reordering
7. Will the company aggressively address any product concerns customers have to resolve problems
8. Is the company growing its sales force.
9. Is the company looking for new business
10. Have any major companies bought products
11. Is the company looking to grow sales world wide.
12. Would you see yourself buying more stock in this company if you had extra money to spend.
I think everyone gets the point, Plug is a fine company that has finally gotten their feet under the business model and they only have limitless growth ahead of them for years to come, sure their will be bumps in the road along the way but anyone that never failed never tried either and therefore never succeeded eventually.
Plug is a sure deal and if you want one of the sure deals this time around the stock market block you better get in before it gets out of reach for most. Monday would be a good time to get in your biggest position and not take a chance of it rocketing up on you.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
Will the NEW 30 million customer HELP or HURT PLUG stock price and BALANCE sheet...???
Will the MID 20's rising GROSS margins help or hurt PLUG stock valuation????? Please short at will all you want to short!!!! help yourself,,,,,,,,,!!!
- 8-15-2014- Management highlighted a back end loaded year as Wal-Mart Stores ramps up their deployments at several sites coupled with deployments at Kroger and other key customers. In addition, while year to date bookings stand at $87 million, management reiterated their aim of $150 million for the year and noted that one deal could be as high as $30 million The company shipped 687 units during the second quarter of 2014 compared to 246 units in the second quarter of 2013. Plug Power Inc. Plug has customers including Walmart, Procter & Gamble , and Central Grocers. GenDrive, an alternative energy supply, is a substitute for lead-acid batteries for uses such as in forklifts for Walmart and was a key reason for the growth.
Margins and Company Commentary
The company reported a gross margin of 17% on its GenDrive product for the second quarter. They Expect product gross margin to reach mid-20 pct in Q4 Plug Power also successfully deployed another product, GenKey, at the Walmart distribution center in Pottsville, PA and as a result, Walmart added an additional site in Sterling, IL to the original six-site contract.
The North American fuel-cell maker to turn a net profit as it recorded a gain on stock warrants.
The company, which deployed its first hydrogen fuel cell unit at a Wal-Mart site in the second quarter, reported a 17 percent gross margin in its product business. The Latham, New York-based company shipped 687 fuel-cell units in the quarter ended June 30, higher than the 650 it had forecast earlier. Plug Power's second-quarter revenue rose 131 percent to $17.32 million. Analysts on average had expected $16.7 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Net income was $3.8 million, or 2 cents per share, in the second quarter, compared with a net loss of $9.3 million, or 14 cents per share, a year earlier.
Automakers have been among the fastest adopters, with Volkswagen ( ), BMW, Mercedes-Benz and Honda Motor buying Plug Power systems for use in their factories.
Plug Power said it expects, “a plethora of global opportunities” from the auto-manufacturing market such as Daimler AG and BMW AG to use fuel cells to power forklifts and other material handling devices in their warehouses. The company said it had new orders from car makers such as Volkswagen and BMW, Honda Motors, a new customer and range extenders to FedEx Inc. electric trucks.. This could be a ROCKET, HYGS went straight up from 5 to 30 in two years… 2013 and 2014 are turn around years. They will merge from a “Developmental” company, To morph into a HYDRO conglomerate. Fuel cells are going to be an important energy source for a number of applications and the long-term future is certainly bright - with a bonus of being around 50 percent off of its 52-week high of $11.72 a share. ** Plug Power, with about 150 patents in fuel cells, is expecting growth and intellectual value. GE is now entering the field and other will look to PLUG and other to catch up. Other will follow and look to those who have the expertise and Partner or buy ** We expect management to highlight continued sequential growth through the year. Of note, we were pleased to see the company turn gross margin positive during the quarter and we anticipate continued leverage in the model and further cost reductions to be highlighted by management. ***Huge corporations like Walmart, Bridgestone , Mercedes have tested Hydro batteries and its just a matter of time before Hydro stations are built. Countries like Japan are noe offering HUGE incentives to good with fuel cells. Others will follow, Japan's 25-year plan will cause the country to import fuel cells, which will create an opportunity for fuel cell manufacturers.
they had 3 offerings, two private one public. PLUG does not borrow money, instead it funds its operations via stock offerings, at the time of the offerings PLUG had about 5M cash and equivalents on hand. now they have over 190M, at 11M for cost of operations per quarter, that will last a long time. so no there will not be any stock offerings this year or next for that matter.