% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Telefónica, S.A. Message Board

you are viewing a single comment's thread.

view the rest of the posts
  • Vaalie60 Vaalie60 Dec 1, 2011 3:43 PM Flag

    Got my dividend.

    In a taxable account, you can recover the Spanish withholding tax by getting a foreign tax credit when you file your 1040 return next April. Its fairly simple if w/h taxes are less than $600. You can still get the full amount of foreign tax credits if you the slightly complicated Form 1116 with your return. No recovery in an IRA, however. BTW, the 1-cent fee is charged by the sponsor of the ADR.

8.755+0.255(+3.00%)10:04 AMEDT