Dr. Krauthammer is frequently on the Fox News Channel. He is an M.D., a lawyer and is paralyzed from the neck down. A friend went to hear Charles Krauthammer . He listened with 25 others in a closed room. What he says here, is NOT 2nd-hand but 1st. The ramifications are staggering for us, our children and their children.
Last Monday was a profound evening, Dr. Charles Krauthammer spoke to the Center for the American Experiment.. He is a brilliant intellectual, seasoned & articulate. He is forthright and careful in his analysis, and never resorts to emotions or personal insults. He is NOT a fear monger nor an extremist in his comments and views . He is a fiscal conservative, and has received a Pulitzer Prize for writing. He is a frequent contributor to Fox News and writes weekly for the Washington Post.
The entire room was held spellbound during his talk. I have summarized his comments, as we are living in uncharted waters economically and internationally.
Even 2 Dems at my table agreed with everything he said! If you feel like forwarding this to those who are open minded and have not drunk the Kool-Aid, feel free....
Summary of his comments:
1. Mr. Obama is a very intellectual, charming individual. He is not to be underestimated. He is a cool customer who doesn't show his emotions. It's very hard to know what's behind the mask.The taking down of the Clinton dynasty was an amazing accomplishment. The Clintons still do not understand what hit them. Obama was in the perfect place at the perfect time.
2. Obama has political skills comparable to Reagan and Clinton . He has a way of making you think he's on your side, agreeing with your position, while doing the opposite. Pay no attention to what he SAYS; rather, watch what he DOES!
3. Obama has a ruthless quest for power. He did not come to Washington to make something out of himself, but rather to change everything, including dismantling capitalism. He can't be straightforward on his ambitions, as the public would not go along. He has a heavy hand, and wants to level the playing field with income redistribution and punishment to the achievers of society. He would like to model the USA to Great Britain orCanada .
4. His three main goals are to control ENERGY, PUBLIC EDUCATION, and NATIONAL HEALTHCARE by the Federal government. He doesn't care about the auto or financial services industries, but got them as an early bonus. The cap and trade will add costs to everything and stifle growth. Paying for FREE college education is his goal. Most scary is his healthcare program, because if you make it FREE and add 46,000,000 people to a Medicare-type single-payer system, the costs will go through the roof. The only way to control costs is with massive RATIONING of services, like in Canada .. God forbid!
5. He has surrounded himself with mostly far-left academic types. No one around him has ever even run a candy store. But they are going to try and run the auto, financial, banking and other industries. This obviously can't work in the long run. Obama is not a socialist; rather he's a far-left secular progressive bent on nothing short of revolution. He ran as a moderate, but will govern from the hard left. Again, watch what he DOES, not what he says.
He was on a roll until he got to Item 8. The last thing we need for prez is another frickin' RINO. I don't care what Kraut says, it's time to purge the RINOs and other lib infiltrators. Leopards do NOT change their spots. Romney has already called for a cash infusion into the Military Industrial Complex (code for more globe trotting and endless wars) to garner support from defense hawks for his campaign.
Every talking head on TV and radio harping the same mantra that a true conservative can't win the presidency. I say bull sss hhh iii ttt!!!!!!!!! They are afraid that this time around that it can really happen, the reason for their conservative trashing. The field for conservative candidates is wide open and the masses are hungry for a George Washington type who puts country FIRST, not empire building.
Old Kraut's Crap:
8.. Republicans are in the wilderness for a while, but will emerge strong. Republicans are pining for another Reagan , but there will never be another like him. Krauthammer believes Mitt Romney, Tim Pawlenty & Bobby Jindahl (except for his terrible speech in February) are the future of the party.
PM's do quite well when the real return on Treasuries is negative. About the only asset that isn't climbing is housing.
Oil is $100, gold $1550, silver $37, gasoline -> $4, food up, imports up.
I guess you haven't looked at a dollar chart recently?
Are main man nails it. He will save the world! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlTxGHn4sH4&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ethegovernmentguardian%2Ecom%2F2009%2F06%2Fobama%2Dmy%2Dcap%2Dand%2Dtrade%2Dplan%2Dwill%2Dmake%2Delectricity%2Drates%2Dskyrocket%2F&feature=player_embedded
“Left wing loons who say Obama has given tax breaks to small biz don't run a small biz”
Well, maybe not exactly, but be fair: They lead community action organizations that run on money take from small business. So, that’s pretty close…
Cost of commerical RE: UP
Cost of drugs and devices: UP
Cost of malpractice insurance: UP
Cost of defensive medicine: UP
Cost of healthcare sector salaries and wages: UP
Cost of energy, medical supplies, food: UP
The cost of providing healthcare is growing by more than 2% per year, but revenue would not unless service quality declines or unneceesary services are rendered and billed. Cost containment leads to concentration of market share and erodes competition. Concentration of market share leads to greater political power and what you get is a strong lobby for government-mandated healthcare.
The other incentive to force the uninsured to join a plan is that insurers will have to purchase more government bonds to keep reserves.....that's a financially repressive fringe benefit of "Obamacare".
there is no (Fed) inflation.
Medical costs are rising due to innovation and sicker, older people related to the baby boom.
The broad money supply is lower than it was in 2007 so the Fed's activities are not contributing to the 2% official inflation rate.