Going by the CC, it seems BO "final deal" is imminent within next 7-10 days. NCE or no-NCE will merely decide the BO price. Joe just did not want to let the dogs loose at this critical juncture. There is absolutely no way that Joe is merely daydreaming about a BO. If he felt that a BO is not going to happen, he would have already started hiring a sales team, long ago. We are talking about selling Vascepa - a multibillion $$ drug, and more importantly, a drug with strong efficacy and near-ZERO side effects. There is now way, they would be sitting on there #$%$ doing nothing. Speaking of NCE, FDA has better things to do than dwell on it for 5 months WITHOUT having an inclination towards granting it. I think FDA were caught with there pants down on their exact definitions for NCE. They must have worked that out, and IMHO, they are now FINALLY ready to grant NCE. Even otherwise, BO will be done-n-dusted before Thanksgiving.
I know. I mean, we are talking about a potent, FDA approved drug here. AMRN definitely has big plans. Every person whose faith in AMRN BO is wavering, needs to read Rosenman's Oct 4 article on seekingalpha. A thorough dissection of AMRN.
...isn't it possible the FDA has had to wait on all the patents to be granted for the areas of concern that would allow them to grant NCE status? If FDA grants NCE status then the patents covering these areas are not granted, then wouldn't that leave egg on the FDA's face in this