Fri, Dec 19, 2014, 5:54 AM EST - U.S. Markets open in 3 hrs 36 mins

Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Amarin Corporation plc Message Board

  • ski8688 ski8688 Nov 17, 2012 11:19 AM Flag

    Too much concern about NCE status,

    when patents keep coming in one after the other. NCE will eventually be granted, and most likely, will be in the December OB. Vascepa is going to be a blockbuster, whether AMRN goes it alone or is bought out sooner or later. Either way, serious money will be made.

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • your statement that it will be granted is a guess at best. surest way I know of to lose money.

      it is obviously a legal battle at this point. what you need to understand is that BP is having nothing to do with an offer to AMRN unless NCE is resolved. This is a trading stock for the next 30 days. No buy out, no NCE decision for 30 days. And guess where 30 days puts us------effectively, Q1 2013.

      go review the CC where Joe Z says no answer is the worse possible outcome.

      i.e. I cannot sell this company without the resolution of this issue.

      Plan A-sell.

      Plan B-ptnrshp.

      Plan C-go it alone.

    • I agree.
      But the fact is that it does affect pps in short term.
      What I find really disgusting, is FDA. A thing like NCE is yes or no. Black or white. No other options.
      After months of delay, now those genius leaks the info (well, CEO eventually said it) that FDA is going to release a draft letter.... he said it's that letter is going around since days/week.
      What does this tell us?
      That FDA has become a croupier. Or worse, a player in stockmarket.
      FDA should be supposed to talk only by official channel and official press release.
      This is like "place your bet, Sirs..... red or black?".

      Am I the only one having noticed that?

    • ski, i agree ... can you believe amrn was my short term play in Q2? i smile as i am taught yet another lesson in the biotech investment world

      Sentiment: Hold

      • 1 Reply to ranjovance
      • Me too. Back before FDA approval of Vascepa, I expected approval and I thought the NCE would be out and the Company sold by late September.
        So I have plans for this money I have still tied up. I guess a few months off isn't so bad. I've been trapped for years in a stock.

        Let's just hope the conclusion ends up being what we hoped for and that we only lose a quarter or two of time.

        I still have very positive feelings about this investment.

        Sentiment: Buy

 
AMRN
1.05+0.02(+1.94%)Dec 18 4:00 PMEST

Trending Tickers

i
Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.