I know JoeZ is a pro, but why is he keep saying that they will not launch Anchor by themselves. What if BP lowballs and is only willing to offer $20 even after Anchor? Are they not going to GIA with Anchor? Why should BP be aggressive, knowing that JoeZ cannot do it by himself. JoeZ keep making this mistake and putting himself in a corner. Negotiation is all about leverage.
Probably because everyone in the business knows he can't. Marketing and selling the MARINE indication to a relatively small number of specialists already required him to indulge in another 100 million in debt. The ANCHOR indication will be marketed to a huge number of primary care physicians. Way beyond the capability of a company Amarins size. The leverage to sell the company comes from the potential revenue for the buyers, not from BSing people that you threaten to do it yourself. I'm sure Amarin was low balled this go around. We have no ANCHOR patents yet ( soon to change) and we haven't even submitted an sNDA for ANCHOR much less totally sewn up the supply to fuel ANCHOR sales. Nobody is gonna fork over billions with all these loose ends. Amarin is dealing with folks who know the business and do in depth due diligence. He isn't going to #$%$ them like some amateur poker player.
It's called playing cards with all yours on the table lying face up, so everyone could see it, "for honesty purposes"! LOL
But facetiousness aside, I too have no idea why the man --- purported to be a professsional --- keep broadcastiing his thoughts like that...
JZ is just stating the obvious - for this small company a significant launch that would be required based on Anchor approval is not realistic. The company knows it and so does any BO suitors. Leverage for a small biotech comes from playing them against each other.
joe never said they will sell the company after anchor all he said was they will not GIA after anchor he mentioned 3rd party as a possibility or a partner. My opinion it will never get to that point.
TOTALLY agree. This Drove me nuts on the CC. Why would he do that?? He keeps re-iterating that, yet decides to GIA for now. Seems like it makes him bargain from a VERY weak position. Only thing that makes any sense is BO is no longer a viability, just partnership or GIA.
That's the worst post of the day.
1) Of course they need to partner for Anchor, it's ten times the market or 2000-3000 sales force, you think if he did not say that BP would be like, OH, yeah he will launch that part on his own, no problem, we will approach BO talks with that thought process...DUH NO!
2) He did NOT decide to GIA, he made that clear, to say he decided GIA is just NOT TRUE.
3) BO talks, as they stated are contingent on an answer on NCE so once NCE is decided, yes or no, BO talks will resume, pretty simple, to suggest BO is off the table is ludicrous, the company told you yesterday it was still on the table.
4) Everyone complaining cannot actually say what a better move would have been knowing all the facts at the time, Joe has handled this great so far as I can tell, no complaints here, stock will still be 30 plus at some point while I own it