% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Amarin Corporation plc Message Board

  • drrc1949 drrc1949 Feb 15, 2013 11:32 AM Flag

    SR Had Some Comments Earlier

    -If NCE is decided, it will be today, by 1pm eastern time.

    -Kudos to AF, his articles are getting more objective and informative. Whether I agree w/ his stance on AMRNs future opportunity and how it plays out or not, he is starting to report based on fact and market opportunity, vs. emotion, so good too see. To be honest, I was shocked Adam even commented on the likes of Alex's article - Alex does not even deserve to be in the same light.

    -Sure, my comment about GSK may have stirred some interest. You may remember my initial (way back) discussion on why GSK would be the best suitor for AMRN (although until now I don't believe they were fully engaged). From a marketing perspective it is a no-brainer and path of least resistance to success for Vascepa to effectively become Lovaza II. What I have heard is at very least the two companies are talking and under NDA, and that GSK has explored a different future route than current Lovaza formulation due to side effects limits and the recent warning statement that needed to be added to their label. Whether that means they will go for AMRN, not sure - but my view has certainly changed that Pfizer is in front of the line. I believe they missed their opportunity (PFE) and now AMRN has a bit more clout with granted patents and a pending sNDA for a market 15X larger than current indication.
    Whether current sales fail or succeed is next to irrelevant for me, as my model and thesis on the company is based on benefits and upside from the larger indication. Admittedly, I believed that they'd be taken out before the sNDA last year, rather than after.

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
2.16-0.01(-0.46%)Jun 30 4:00 PMEDT