The almost daily decline in AMRN's share value this month could trigger BP interest to go directly to share holders to present their buy out offer. It is a big opportunity for them at this point as AMRN's market value is now $1.19 billion. Forget about the future possibilities as many bulls are contending. We have been a bull too and have been projecting a buy out at $25-28 range depending on several factors such as NCE and sales projection.
However, the erosion of AMRN's share price during the last six months made us rethink our position. Although we are cautiously optimistic that AMRN will be able to rebound on a favorable NCE decision, we believe that it will take more than a positive NCE outcome to move the PPS over $10.
At this juncture, BP can probably offer $2-2.5 billion and shareholders will be happy with it.
Still too early. They would be paying up currently. They will wait until it is well into the $6s at a minimum, later this year when AMRN is close to being out of money and desperate. They can get this for $9 a share.
Nope, nice story but it won't happen. BP can not acquire Amarin for such a low ball offer.
Large institutional investors have done their DD and know the firm is worth much more.
Hence, either Amarin receives a fair and proper offer or no deal.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
If that 'No deal' takes more than 6 months, no NCE, and continued slow script growth rate, even with Anchor, THEY WILL HAVE NO $$$. Then the insitutions will force a sale to recoup a small gain and that will be it. Dilution of PPS to raise cash is not an option. The $100 million loan, Reduce It study, and the SG&A costs are burning into their cash fast.
I am sitting on 6K shares at $9.34, I still believe, but it is getting harder by the day.
Nice try, but...it is not about "this juncture".... It's about FDA approval of Anchor...and the decupling of the potential treatment universe. Go look up "decupling".
Beside, who gives a rip about you rethinking your position.
PS. Come stand here on your sop box next February and tell me again....
Sentiment: Strong Buy
Thanks for your nice choice of words. It's a good start for a good and intelligent argument, which leads us to your point in regards to Vascepa's chances..."the decupling of the potential treatment universe." It is a very positive thought, considering the myriads of positive opinions written about the drug, which could easily multiply your investment tenfold (thus, decupling), given its wider application with Anchor.
However, as investors, we do not want to rely so much on the "potential" of any given stocks. We would rather value the stock based on measurable data sets.