Sun, Sep 21, 2014, 6:23 PM EDT - U.S. Markets closed

Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Amarin Corporation plc Message Board

  • nj46nick nj46nick Aug 31, 2013 6:52 AM Flag

    Strategies

    I own Amarin since last year. I averaged down from 13 and change ( don't laugh!!) to 7.30. At one point, like most, I was down 40%! With the upcoming events in Oct. and Dec. I'm curious as to how we handle the pps and trade. To be honest, this was initially a swing trade for me and it turned out to be an investment. After much time doing my homework, and researching,I feel strongly that the Company will succeed! So do I shut off the computer and take a peek in Jan.? What are your thoughts. I've iggy'd most of the bashers so please ...only strategic answers! I've heard that some folks just want to get even and then go back in. I don't really think that's a good idea. As of now I plan on holding until at least Jan. 2014.If any of the Longs have any strategies I would like to hear from you.
    Have a great weekend, be safe!
    Nick

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • Although the upcomming events will give the pps a boost, I'm keeping my eye on the script numbers. As long as they keep increasing I will continue to hold. A buyout would be nice but I've seen that ride crash and burn too many times in the last 2 years.

    • If this is now an investment continue to hold but dont log off. You need to follow what is going on and the panel review in October is huge.. if that goes well than the FDA decision will almost certainly go in favor of AMRN. It won't be long now... tick tock.

    • No laughing here since I am In the exact same boat. I was originally here for a buyout and most of the smarter ones sold after that didn't happen. I have been highly critical of what has happened here but am not a basher. I am currently deciding what to do here myself. Like you I have averaged down some as well. I am about 30 cents away from having 2 of my 4 blocks being in the green. I have a long long way to go to catch my other 2 blocks of shares. Depending what type of run up we get with the anchor decision I may sell some shares and ride the rest hoping a buyout possibility returns. Disclaimer I am not expecting the high buyout return the super pumpers throw out around here but would be happy with something in the mid twenties.

      • 2 Replies to swalchie
      • We have talked before and I am rooting for you all the way! That's great that 2 of your blocks WILL be green soon! Swalchie, do you think that the stock will take a hit AFTER the 16th of Oct.?? Then possibly bounce again heading into Dec.?
        I myself would like to see 8 to 9 before Oct 16. There are quite a few different options that I could do ,if that was the case!
        Have a great weekend,Nick

        Sentiment: Strong Buy

      • I doubt of a BO a partnership could be it.I use V and it works much better than my doc thought it would, It helps my trigs and the sugar level also it works on muscle spasms.They could try to sell it as a potential diabetic drug, because it does work (in my case that is),This (drug) has great potentials,I have invested 50+ ks on V because I do believe in it.Besides working it will make me some good cash,patience is needed, I'm waiting for the nationwide commercials to get started, ISAI 'll take care of that.JMHO

 
AMRN
1.30-0.05(-3.70%)Sep 19 4:00 PMEDT

Trending Tickers

i
Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.