Wed, Sep 17, 2014, 9:10 AM EDT - U.S. Markets open in 20 mins.


% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Amarin Corporation plc Message Board

  • daduke38 daduke38 Sep 2, 2013 3:58 PM Flag

    PPS rebound

    It baffles me with decent initial script and re-fill #'s to date and Anchor only about 6 weeks away, why this isn't rising more quickly. We HAVE made a nice move off the low, but this could be really big with an almost certain Anchor approval. It is way under valued IMHO. Any thoughts why? And this is my largest long position I have right now! Not looking for the quick buck of a buyout. In fact, with Anchor, I want them to continue to GIA.

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • daduke...

      If you are talking about the small drop in the PPS on Friday, I would not worry...It is very common for traders, and others to sell shares going into a long holiday weekend. The thinking is, "what if something bad happens, and I get stuck"...Most like the present up trend will continue on increased volume on monday, as things are looking pretty good..

      ": ) JL

      Sentiment: Strong Buy

      • 2 Replies to jesse.livermore
      • No, I wasn't worried about Friday. Just seems anchoe is looking like an excellent shot and surprised people aren't grabbing share before. With Anchor, i don't see how "V" doesn't become a major selling drug. There is nothing on the market that can duplicate it. Despite AF's smart%&* comment. Sorry had to throw that in there.

        Sentiment: Strong Buy

      • Jesse, Oh my goodness. You have made my day and just before I was about to go to bed. You said trading on Monday! My God man, what an egregious error. Surely you know th market was closed today for Labor Day. The shorts will jump all over your error. You surely can't be a real MD with a mistake like that! And now, even I, a humble shrink have caught you in a dastardly mistake! :).

        P.S. Have a great week. Best wishes - for real, ZBD

        Sentiment: Strong Buy

    • Well, I think you may have answered your own question. I believe most of us are in agreement where the science is concerned, but the uncertainty of the path going forward allows the shorts to continue control. Maybe the only way to change this is to see large script growth, ie that is the only catalyst til October. Steady growth does not appear to be good enough.

      • 2 Replies to cincyreds57
      • Steady growth isn't enough. It has to be significant steady growth. So far we have insignificant steady growth. Remember, adding one new patient a week qualifies as "steady growth" also, but what does that mean? Vascepa's troubled growth is going to cause some real stress on finances. If the advisory group recommends holding off on expanding patient population, this stock will crash bad. Then the dilutive offering that will have to happen will wipe out a good portion of value from there.
        I do not see the advisory panel recommending a delay for the three years to the end of reduce-it study, but if they do all he11 will break loose.
        This will be a high risk hold, but we could go up a few dollars a share if the panel recommends FDA approval.

        Sentiment: Strong Buy

      • Hopefully national awareness will help a lot.I don't see much in the advertising campain yet.

1.35Sep 16 4:00 PMEDT

Trending Tickers

Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.
VirnetX Holding Corp
NYSE MKTTue, Sep 16, 2014 4:00 PM EDT
Auxilium Pharmaceuticals Inc.
NasdaqGSTue, Sep 16, 2014 4:00 PM EDT