was going to buy some if it hit just below $45. But after reviewing all recent analyst reports, it appears SO at $45 will be trading at its high fair value. I would like to buy and get the good yield, But buying at its high fair value? Just can't hit the buy button. I hate to have to wait to see if a market pull back will pull this stock to a lower, $44 price, since this is a stock that holds up well in a market pull back.
I'm still waiting, I think the $42 and change level is about right both in terms of chart and valuation.
as for $30, that is wishful thinking and won't happen in all but the most extreme scenario where we have a major correction. That said, I'll be buying other things as well including the consumer staples with high yields.
i am glad i held off on purchasing. almost bought at 43.71.the interest rate rise has started to effect the utilities. that along with a general market pullback means so is going lower. next week should be interesting.
I guess it depends on whether you think there will be a general market correction soon and also whether you are buying to hold for the div or trade. If planning to hold for years, buying now vs a dollar or two less is not going to make much difference. I own a good bit and want to add some on this dip but like everyone else, buying as cheap as possible is the goal. I don't put much faith in analyst estimates for much of anything......