I am a relatively inexperienced 'buy-and-hold' investor whom has followed Exelixis since last year's ASCO. Obviously this has not been a very rewarding stock over the last 12 months( or ten years) for retail investors that are not actively trading the swings.
That being said, I am very bullish on the potential of Cabo. It seems like if there was ever a time for the stock to find firm footing on higher ground, it would be in the months leading up to (hopefully) successful Comet-1&2 results and (again, hopefully) FDA approval in a larger market than MTC.
Many posters on this board seem to react pretty strongly to these short term swings, which leads me to my question; What is the investment horizon for the posters on this board? Are most of you trading this on a daily or weekly basis? I know one poster has continuously advocated a core position and trading the 4.50-5 range (advice I wish I'd taken in retrospect), but if you're a believer in Cabo, doesn't the stock transcend any TA with positive phase 3 results and move higher?
I'd be curious to hear how long others are planing on holding this stock
I plan on making my investment decisions based upon the clinical science of Cometriq. I suppose if there were a major management shake-up that would grab my attention too.
The idiotic noise on this board means absolutely nothing.
I am one of the foolish investors who believe that a partnership/buyout is pending - I expect to hold through that event, and then close my position. I honestly believe that they have already been approached, that a take-out has been part of their long term strategic plan, and that the timing will occur later this summer or as soon as a pathway to approval for a major indication becomes apparent/inevitable. That said, I believe I've been saying that for almost three years now so I guess it comes with a few grains of salt.